09-02-10, 01:55 AM   #1
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Author's NOT in Beta yet!

Now that addons have been enabled maybe those of us in the Beta could test some of the addons of authors that aren't in yet? Maybe just try and run them, see it they work, and maybe report back what if any errors we get.

It would help any authors who aren't in yet get a heads up at least. I know there is a list of working / not working addon's building on the Cata forums and a wiki page, but those are from users not authors.

So maybe if an author wants someone to test their addon they can post here.

p.s. on a side note take a look at the thread on Add-ons you hope never come back.

09-02-10, 11:02 PM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Interesting that the thread you linked comes down to a handful of addons.

Gearscore, PallyPower, RankWatch being the main ones, with occasional dislike tossed at other addons, and several comments saying "Blizzard should roll a version of this into the default UI" (mostly bartender/dominos, a better threat implementation, movable frames, it seems like).

09-02-10, 11:23 PM   #3
instant
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Weird Hate list. Cant understand the hate against PP, but funny to read some of the comments nevertheless.

Good suggestion to test addons for authors not in beta, but I would guess most are getting in if they apply.

09-03-10, 12:05 AM   #4
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Just saw we are up to 727 keys now, so maybe this idea will not be needed. But I will leave this open just in case anyone needs the help.

09-03-10, 09:39 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Instant, being a paladin, my hate for PP is that it's plug-ugly and nearly unskinnable. There's a reason I use ZOMGBuffs instead. (other than it works for all of my 80s and my alts, and communicates with PP users in the raid for proper buff setup).

09-03-10, 11:31 PM   #6
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Instant, being a paladin, my hate for PP is that it's plug-ugly and nearly unskinnable. There's a reason I use ZOMGBuffs instead. (other than it works for all of my 80s and my alts, and communicates with PP users in the raid for proper buff setup).
QFT!

(10 char)

09-04-10, 12:04 AM   #7
Stormrage
Premium Member

Never understood the need for pally power in todays raiding world. This isn't nilla, this isn't BC.

Cata, has two pally buffs, Kings, or Might. They go out on everyone when you buff once. Might takes care of 10% AP and Wisdom/Mana Spring, Kings is shared with Mark.

09-04-10, 12:35 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

That was pretty much why people were saying they hope PallyPower stays away - because in Cata, it won't be a big deal anymore. Paladin Buffs are actually going to be SANE.

09-04-10, 08:30 PM   #9
Copialinex
A Murloc Raider
Moonkin Solar & Lunar Energy

I'm currently working on an addon to track Solar & Lunar Energy in moonkin, but I have no beta key, so I'd be very grateful if you can answer me some questions:

Does the UnitPower("player",8) return the energy? I know 9 is holy power and 7 are soul shards, so I think 8 is for Moonkin energy, but I'm not sure.
I think /dump UnitPower("player",8) would be enough (maybe you need to be moonkin)
Also, I'd like to know the eclipse bar's frame's name, but I'm not sure how to find it.

Thank you!

09-04-10, 09:17 PM   #10
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Copialinex View Post
I'm currently working on an addon to track Solar & Lunar Energy in moonkin, but I have no beta key, so I'd be very grateful if you can answer me some questions:

Does the UnitPower("player",8) return the energy? I know 9 is holy power and 7 are soul shards, so I think 8 is for Moonkin energy, but I'm not sure.
I think /dump UnitPower("player",8) would be enough (maybe you need to be moonkin)
Also, I'd like to know the eclipse bar's frame's name, but I'm not sure how to find it.

Thank you!
Have a look at Blizzards implementation of the eclipse bar, it should tell you everything you need:
EclipseBarFrame.lua
EclipseBarFrame.xml

09-04-10, 10:42 PM   #11
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yup, that's right.
13 Lunar energy returns -13
49 Solar energy returns 49.

Didn't see if it would report the number out of moonkin form, it would be wise to assume a potential return of nil anyways though.

As noted above, it's called "EclipseBarFrame". I haven't dug into it, but I assume it's attached to the "PlayerFrame", and /framestack is reporting it to be in the LOW stratum. I haven't played live in months, but I remember /framestack working on the live realms too.

09-04-10, 11:01 PM   #12
Verissi
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Shmii View Post
Didn't see if it would report the number out of moonkin form, it would be wise to assume a potential return of nil anyways though.
I checked in normal "caster" form and it still returned the types of values you indicated (with my balance spec). When at "rest" with no power on either side, it returned 0 for me. Eclipse isn't tied to moonkin form (and hope it stays that way) so checking for the form isn't needed either. The bar/frame itself is only shown in caster or moonkin, however. Cap on each "side" is 100/-100.

For grins, I also checked by swapping to my blank second spec. The bar/frame didn't show (as expected), but when I cast a few spells, the values returned were still changing. At rest, it still returned 0 and after a few spell casts, it still returned the positive/negative values. It looks like the eclipse procs themselves are tied to the spec's Mastery spell, but the solar/lunar energy accrues regardless.

Last edited by Verissi : 09-05-10 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell when I'm tired

09-04-10, 11:50 PM   #13
Copialinex
A Murloc Raider
Wow, that was exactly what I was looking for, and as fast as handy.
Thank you very much!

09-05-10, 04:12 PM   #14
Verissi
Premium Member

Happy to help Let me know when you get to the point where you want your code tested out on the beta server, Copialinex. I spend a lot of time on my troll druid (84 and balance) and would be happy to help out. Just PM if you need me to do anything that way.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Author's NOT in Beta yet!