08-04-10, 04:55 PM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Belf Warrior WAH WAH

Ok so I started messing with Belf warriors and I must say;

1. Given their nature and story I find it difficult to see a warrior.

2. What the hell is up with the goofy animation attacks?! The female is sexy when she does the "SWirl I cut his pee pee off move", but the guy WtF? I thought I was watching a magic show for a second.

08-04-10, 06:34 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Didn't we deja this vu?

08-04-10, 07:01 PM   #3
EvilMallet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So they can have warriors that use slight amounts of magic (ret) but no magic and oh my god it's a different race?

08-04-10, 07:14 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

It was a design flaw to not allow them being warriors, because any other race can be one.

Now when it comes to whether it makes sense or not ... just remember, Gnomes can be warriors, too. And there are plenty more class race/combinations that make even less sense (thinking of all the new ones cataclysm will bring into the game).

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-04-10, 09:15 PM   #5
Sec
A Cyclonian

Paladins wield swords, shields and other heavy weaponry, but they use magic to assist them. Specifically, they utilize the Light.

Warriors wield swords, shields and other heavy weaponry, but do not utilize the Light to assist them.

I honestly see no problem with the addition of a warrior class for Blood Elves.

The way I rationalize Blizzard's decision is that with Burning Crusade, they wished to give the Horde access to the Paladin class, and the Alliance the Shaman class. As such, they gave the Blood Elves the Paladin class as it fit into the lore as being the one race who's usage of the Light was most plausible - remember, this is before the Tauren discuss the Light and rationalize it with their Earthmother/sun worship and Forsaken Paladins are a hotly discussed but less plausible combination. Perhaps they did not want to give the Blood Elves too many classes as they were not prepared to do the same for other races, and so they refrained from giving the BE the Warrior class until Cataclysm.

As for the special attack animations... Well, I am not in beta to comment on anything that may be Warrior-specific, and I've no access to model viewer so I'm just going to go on a whim and say... They're Blood Elves. If their actions look too fluid and border on the line of it looking like they're casting spells instead of cleaving swords... They're a magical, graceful, proud, egotistical, narcissistic race. I'm not surprised they'd not look all "RAWR HACK SLASH KILL". ^^''

08-04-10, 09:58 PM   #6
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I'm pretty sure they are using the same animations in cataclysm as they do now. Playing a paladin - blood elf animations for close combat are ... well ... a matter of taste. Let me just say: I liked my human paladin more (at least animation/movement wise), and humans are a boring race in a fantasy world.

After all it is a matter of taste...

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-04-10, 10:39 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Didn't we deja this vu?
Thank you for the new sig line!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

08-04-10, 10:41 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Thank you for the new sig line!
Anything for you! <3

08-05-10, 08:21 AM   #9
Ither
A Firelord

You people amuse me.

08-05-10, 08:52 AM   #10
Horrid
A Fallenroot Satyr
be warriors would have been to OP at release of bc because of the racial ablities,at least that's what i remember reading about it at the time

08-10-10, 01:24 PM   #11
Ither
A Firelord

I'm excited! I have a fetish with Blood Elves and I won't play any other Horde race. I started an Orc, but I couldn't finish it. I would love a 2H Fury and I just think a female Belf with some big freaking 2H's swing around like a raged-infested PMS'n hooligan will be AWESOME!

If you thought I was "bickering" I wasn't. I was laughing more at the animations because I never realized it was the same on my DK and my Paladin. LOL.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » The Belf Warrior WAH WAH