11-22-11, 07:21 AM   #1
khoinoor
Premium Member

ingame message

Hello, since yesterday Carbonite started to tell me on login that the version I have is pretty hold, but from the dowload page there isn't any new version to dowload.. any idea about why that message?

11-22-11, 08:27 AM   #2
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It's a default in game msg from carbonite itself, but just ignore it for now, it (I believe) was designed to let you know, you might want to see if a new ver is out. But (again, guessing) I think they might be holding off, until the next patch is released before doing an update.
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

11-22-11, 10:25 AM   #3
Paeura
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I wish they would fix it, it is rather annoying

Legacy of the Sword

11-22-11, 10:55 AM   #4
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's not hard to break these addon update systems, can easily fake it by sending messages in the channel of the addon and alert people they run outdated addons even when they don't... just for the heck of it.

11-28-11, 02:44 PM   #5
WOWVern
A Cyclonian
It might have something to do with Patch 4.3 coming out tomorrow. Doubt that, though. Can we get a response to this, please?

11-28-11, 04:45 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Blanckaert View Post
It's a default in game msg from carbonite itself, but just ignore it for now, it (I believe) was designed to let you know, you might want to see if a new ver is out. But (again, guessing)
Originally Posted by WOWVern View Post
It might have something to do with Patch 4.3 coming out tomorrow. Doubt that, though. Can we get a response to this, please?
If I remember correctly, the old version reminder message was originally used when Carbonite was a paid addon. Back then you essentially had a subscription to Carb that could, would, and did run out of time.

There has been a temp fix posted for this, but the message is cosmetic only, and only appears once on login.

11-28-11, 09:00 PM   #7
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

quoting myself from a earlier thread

Originally Posted by OmegaExtreme View Post
If (like me) your sick and tired of the message flooding your chat box everytime you login do this

open up Carbonite.ua (World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite) in wordpad or notepad (i use notepad++)

do a search for "111122" (2011, Nov, 22)

change it do another date id suggest 121122 that way you get 1 year before the msg repeats itself.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » ingame message