05-19-12, 04:36 AM   #1
Animor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Zone map icons

Hi,

I'm looking for an addon that will display icons/info on the zone map (the liitle map that shows when you hit shift-m).
For example: quest givers icons.

Tried to search but didn't find one.

Thanks
05-19-12, 07:11 AM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Animor View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for an addon that will display icons/info on the zone map (the liitle map that shows when you hit shift-m).
For example: quest givers icons.

Tried to search but didn't find one.

Thanks
The addons Wholly and Grail together will put icons onto the world map for quest givers. However, they will not put it on the small world map nor the minimap.
05-19-12, 02:00 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

QuestHubber is another option for adding quest giver icons to the world map. I'm not sure if it supports the zone map or not, though.
05-20-12, 05:45 AM   #4
Animor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thank you both

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I'll give it a try.

The reason I wanted quest icons on zone map, is because I don't want to open the big map every few seconds to know if I'm going at the right direction. The minimap, on the other hand, shows only the close vicinity.
05-20-12, 07:00 AM   #5
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Animor View Post
Thank you both

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I'll give it a try.

The reason I wanted quest icons on zone map, is because I don't want to open the big map every few seconds to know if I'm going at the right direction. The minimap, on the other hand, shows only the close vicinity.
With Wholly and Grail you can have TomTom waypoints created, so assuming you use TomTom, you would not need to keep opening the map.
05-20-12, 08:51 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Alternatively, if you just want to see where to go to complete quests you're already on (eg. where are the 25 spiders you're supposed to kill?) and where to go to turn them in once you're done with them (eg. where is the guy who wanted all the spiders dead?), you can use TomTomLite to point you in the direction of the nearest quest-related point.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Zone map icons