08-25-09, 10:42 AM   #1
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
wahts that bar...

I have a bar in the middle of my screen when i target a boss...

I have no idear what addon is doing it, or why?

Any one know what it is?

The the bar in the dad middle of my screen with 3 arrow things...

Also if you know whats making it, how do i turn it off?

Thanks
Richwarf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_082509_161826.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	3219  
08-25-09, 10:44 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
/nui hud healthrace
08-25-09, 01:16 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Before you go about turning it off, look into what it is and what it does.

That is the nUI health race bar. The description of it is as follows...

The top bar in the HUD, directly below the player character on screen is the nUI Health Race bar (which is only visible when you are targeting a player or mob that you can attack). This bar is made up of four components... the bar itself, a player health button at the top left, a target health button at the top right and a relative health button (the race button) at the bottom center. In short, this single bar gives a quick view of the player's health and target's health relative to their individual maximums as well as their percent health relative to one another. I highly recommend you give this bar a try for PvP as it provides you a powerful single reference to measure your progress against your opponent.

At full health, the player health button is to the far left edge of the bar and the target health button to the far right... as either the player's health or the target's health declines, their respective buttons will move toward the center of the bar. The first one to the middle loses! ~smile~ At a glance, both buttons show their health as a percentage of their maximums.

The key button is the relative health button at the bottom of the bar. This button measures the relative health of the player (as a percent of the player's maximum) as compared to the relative health of the target (as a percent of the target's maximum). When the button is at the center of the bar, then the player and target have the same relative health. If the player's percentage of their maximum health is higher than the target's, the relative health button will move left of center. If the target's health is higher as a percentage of its maximum as compared to the player's percentage of total health, the button moves to the right.

The further left of center the bottom button moves, the higher the player's health relative to the target's and visa versa. A relative health of 100 means the player is at full health and the target at or near death in which case the bottom button will be to the far left of the bar and the bar color will be bright green. A relative health of -100 means the target is at full health the player at or near death and the bar will be colored bright red. If both the target and player are at near equal health as a percentage of their maximums, the button will be at the center and the bar colored yellow.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
08-25-09, 03:06 PM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Pretty much all that I've done 'group wise' since I've returned is a few arenas and the 'new' bg (I didn't try it before I left). I've come to appreciate this HUD by accident and I'm very glad I figured out it was a PvP or solo HUD, on my own. If I knew what it was before using it, though, I probably would've scoffed at it... but I'm glad it 'fell into my lap'.

I never used nUI before I left wow, but I'm glad I picked it up. It's saved me some time remembering what to do to set all this crap up, and it does what you claim it to do...

Thanks for the encouragement you all have given others to use nUI, without it I'd still be building a new one.
08-25-09, 05:34 PM   #5
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
ty for the info all.

But i will still turn this off since it is no use to me.

I a resto shamie mainly, leveling a tankadin tobe,

In 2v2 i keep my team mate target AT ALL times, all my attack are set up to do target, target of target and mouseover. So i have no reson to untarget him unless he dead, then i will be dead in the next few secs.

Like i sayed thanks for all the info and i WILL be turning it off.
08-25-09, 05:41 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Thanks for the encouragement you all have given others to use nUI, without it I'd still be building a new one.
I'm glad you're enjoying it Yhor... but nearly so much as I'm glad to see you back ~smile~

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » wahts that bar...