09-22-07, 05:17 PM   #1
Scry
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Trouble with Bongos and Cycircled

I cannot get the cycircled skins on Bongos2, even though the addon is listed as being supported by cycircled. I have the 49421 Ace2 revision, the 8/15/07 version of Bongos2, and the 49045 revision of cycircled. (Ace2 and cycircled are listed as being updated yesterday on wowace.) The cycircled addon shows as being loaded, and I even have the menu, but it doesn't skin anything. (Bongos works fine, btw)

In addition, I am also running xperl and a slightly older (and very functional!) version of autobar.

I also tried getting cycircled to skin the version of Bartender3 as is present on this site as a test, and it doesn't work for bartender either. Can someone help me? I would really like to get Bongos and cycircled working, and I don't understand what is interfering with the addon.

I'm grateful for any help I get on this.
09-22-07, 05:19 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you have cycircled from here or WoWAce? Because the one here hasn't been updated in a year and won't work.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-22-07, 05:49 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
He said he had the 49045 revision of cyCircled.

I don't see why it wouldn't be working... Do you get any errors?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-07, 06:28 PM   #4
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I use the latest version of Bongos2, cyCircled and X-Perl and I don't have any problems... Maybe you put cyCircled in the wrong way or something?
09-22-07, 11:02 PM   #5
Scry
A Murloc Raider
No error message. . . just. . .nothing. . .

I even have a functioning minimap button for cycircled; everything appears as though that it should work, but for some odd reason, nothing is skinned. Is there a newer version of Bongos than the one I listed? Was I supposed to put cycircled in something other than the straight Addons folder, perhaps the Addons -Bongos sub-directory instead?
09-23-07, 12:49 AM   #6
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
No it should be in the addon folder like any other addon. =/ Weird... Is there a thing you can tick to choose if it should skin Bongos2 or anything else? That's all I can come up with...
09-23-07, 09:40 AM   #7
Scry
A Murloc Raider
:-(

Maybe they'll work for me come next release. Thanks for the help. :-)
09-23-07, 09:50 AM   #8
Jdtigg
A Fallenroot Satyr

There is an option in CyCircle to have bongos use it.

Goto the cycircle options and there should be an option for bongos2. Makes sure those boxes are all checked.

That should be it if you have it all installed and active.

Last edited by Jdtigg : 09-25-07 at 05:50 AM.
09-24-07, 02:30 AM   #9
Scry
A Murloc Raider
This is going to sound really lame, but for whatever reason, the version of cycircled that I have doesn't feature an additional options area to select the addon that it's skinning. Typing in " /cycircled " gives me:

Usage: /cycircled {colors | skin | hide | standby |about}

(It lists them afterwards with descriptions of each.)

The minimap features the same things, just in gui -form with buttons. Does this mean that I don't have the complete version of cycircled?
09-24-07, 07:49 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, I have the same version of cyCircled you mentioned above. The menu is found on FuBar if you have it, on the minimap if you don't. If you don't see it and still can't get it working, I don't recall if this was suggested yet or not, but delete everything with cyCircled in its name in your WTF folder.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-24-07, 10:07 AM   #11
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
If you can't get bongos and cycricled to work together, swap to bartender3. Its a bit more complex, but not that hard to set up, its very user friendly and because both are ace mods they are pretty certain to work together and work well too

I got this setup atm and love it
09-24-07, 06:05 PM   #12
Scry
A Murloc Raider
Ok, Seerah's suggestion helped me track down what was stopping it from working.

I deleted the stuff in the WTF folder, and just for the hell of it, installed Fubar (which is so much more useful than my old Titan, that I'm keeping it) with a few addons. This FINALLY gave me an error message related to my older version of autobar. So I went back, deleted autobar, autobar config, all of its files in the WTF folder, the one cyCircled file in WTF folder, and then downloaded the most recent version of autobar.

It works now, so I am one very happy person. The setup is gorgeous.

Thank you so much for your help!!
09-24-07, 07:06 PM   #13
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Scry
Ok, Seerah's suggestion helped me track down what was stopping it from working.

I deleted the stuff in the WTF folder, and just for the hell of it, installed Fubar (which is so much more useful than my old Titan, that I'm keeping it) with a few addons. This FINALLY gave me an error message related to my older version of autobar. So I went back, deleted autobar, autobar config, all of its files in the WTF folder, the one cyCircled file in WTF folder, and then downloaded the most recent version of autobar.

It works now, so I am one very happy person. The setup is gorgeous.

Thank you so much for your help!!
Awesome, glad you got it working!
You should put an SS up for us in the ss thread.

Offtopic: ZOMG Seerah has a new avatar!
09-24-07, 08:46 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Nynaeve
Offtopic: ZOMG Seerah has a new avatar!
Also off-topic... ZOMG!! I know!!! I made it myself this afternoon while I was bored. Thought I'd go for something a little more girly, but not too much.

We now return you to your regular scheduled discussion. Glad you got it all figured out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Trouble with Bongos and Cycircled