12-07-11, 09:06 PM   #1
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Exclamation UnitBar error

1x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'nUI_LeftUnitBar_Button12:Hide()'.
<in C code>: in function `Hide'
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:259: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:231>:
<in C code>: in function `ActionButton_Update'
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:484: in function `ActionButton_OnEvent':
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:105: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:98>:

1x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button11:Show()'.
<in C code>: in function `Show'
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:246: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:231>:
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:105: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:98>:

1x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'nUI_TopRightBar_Button1:Show()'.
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:246: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:231>:

1x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'nUI_ActionBar_Button2:Show()'.

3x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'nUI_RightUnitBar_Button1:Show()'.

This also occured for other buttons in the same UnitBars and ActionBars (50 errors in total)

Last edited by schmitty : 12-07-11 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Additional errors logged

12-08-11, 02:09 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
can you remember what you were doing at the time this error message occurred. It doesn't seem to be an on login error as I know I haven't got that error.

It sounds like from the message that you were in the middle of combat when nUI tried to hide the bars.

Hiding and showing bars during combat isn't allowed so it would be good to see what you were doing at the time in case there's a missing check for in combat status somewhere.

12-08-11, 06:40 AM   #3
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

I think I was either in Kep'Thelar Forest - Vash'jir, or RFC and I was in combat and would have been just clicking different spells/abilities.

I will see if I can try and replicate the error, so I can say for sure.

12-08-11, 09:21 PM   #4
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Exclamation

I was able to confirm, those errors plus the following do occur during combat.

2x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'PossessBarFrame:SetPoint()'.
<in C code>: in function `SetPoint'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1329: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1252>:
<in C code>: in function `securecall'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1858: in function `UIParentManageFramePositions':
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1347: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1334>:
<in C code>: in function `SetAttribute'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2021: in function `UIParent_ManageFramePositions':
Interface\FrameXML\BuffFrame.lua:348: in function `BuffFrame_UpdateAllBuffAnchors':
Interface\FrameXML\BuffFrame.lua:120: in function `BuffFrame_Update':
Interface\FrameXML\BuffFrame.lua:49: in function <Interface\FrameXML\BuffFrame.lua:45>:

2x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'ShapeshiftBarFrame:SetPoint()'.
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1329: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1252>:
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1858: in function `UIParentManageFramePositions':
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1347: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1334>:
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2021: in function `UIParent_ManageFramePositions':
Interface\FrameXML\BuffFrame.lua:348: in function `BuffFrame_UpdateAllBuffAnchors':
Interface\FrameXML\BuffFrame.lua:49: in function <Interface\FrameXML\BuffFrame.lua:45>:

2x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'MultiBarBottomLeft:SetPoint()'.

12-09-11, 01:52 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well I believe the standard bars are being hidden on login so usually when not in combat.

The fact that they don't stop the game from running I suspect they are simply warnings and may not appear if you have a buggrabber addon. So take a look at bugsack and see if having that installed cuts back on that display.

12-09-11, 09:41 AM   #6
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Question

I do have it installed already. Could Masque have anything to do with it?

12-09-11, 09:44 AM   #7
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Actually, no. It's probably most likely the modification to nUI_Button.lua

12-09-11, 04:01 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, oh, the one to get the cooldown numbers showing ? I have that set up on mine and not seen any problems. I'll have to have another look to see if the minor changes made could have a domino effect on the addon.

Can you tell me what error settings in the blizz help menu you have and whether you have a bug grabbing addon installed. No rush as I won't be able to log into the game until Monday or Tuesday evening but for now restore the old button.lua file and see if the error goes away.

Once I can get the same problem as you appearing it would make things alot easier for me to resolve.

12-10-11, 06:10 PM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The errors being reported here are taint errors... not code errors... that is, they are violating the "secure" combat system by trying to move the possession toolbar while you are in combat. I'm not sure what would be causing that, so I'm gonna have to dig.

However, those are not actually considered "errors" -- they are warnings and usually do not interfere with much (which is not to say they can't or don't)

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » UnitBar error