09-02-07, 08:50 AM   #1
boohoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
[Warlock] Discipline thy shards.

I rerolled a warlock and it's leveling nicely, I specced Improved Drain Soul for as little down time as possible. It's a great talent and I use it on all mobs but I found my bags get overrun with soul shards. So a friend pointed me towards this little script/macro with little explanation to what it does but besides that it works as intended:

Code:
/stopcasting
/script if GetContainerNumSlots(4)==GetInventoryItemCount("player",23) then PickupContainerItem(4,1); local a,b,c=GetCursorInfo(); if a=="item" and b==6265 then DeleteCursorItem(); else ClearCursor(); end; end
/cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)
But with little explanation to what it does its a bit worrying, I find it deletes a shard which is what I want it to do but the whole container code makes me a bit worried if it will delete some other item by accident if i have the bag in the wrong place etc. My soul bag is in the last bag slot to the right if thats anything to go by, I would just appreciate it if anyone could give me a run down of what the whole script does to soothe my paranoia. Thanks in advance and it seems to be a nice macro for any warlocks out there who wish to keep their soul shards under control (so far).
09-02-07, 10:15 AM   #2
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
I'm sure you prefer a script like that, but if you by chance use Necrosis, it has a feature that does that for you.
09-02-07, 10:19 AM   #3
boohoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would rather not, I dont need any other functions apart from that, im happy putting the spells on my normal bars and not another addon soaking up my memory and to maintain it. Thanks for the advice though.
09-02-07, 10:19 AM   #4
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can find out what each function does here

If you don't trust the code (or your friend), then just don't use it.

*edit*
The key function is GetCursorInfo(), it's second return is the itemid. Itemid's are used by Wowhead (and the other sites) in their URLs, take a clase look at this URL: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=6265

Last edited by Tekkub : 09-02-07 at 10:22 AM.
09-02-07, 12:21 PM   #5
boohoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok well im really not good at this, might just be rambling, so my soulbag needs to be in the far left slot or the far right one.

"PickupContainerItem(4,1)"

I know how to make the odd macro and the conditions are a piece of cake for that but a tard at scripting conditions
09-02-07, 02:05 PM   #6
robthedude
Don't Panic

well, far as I can tell it's simply being told to pick up the first item in the forth bag (furthest left), if thats your soul pouch then fine, don't worry, because you can't put anything other than soul shards in a soul pouch, therefore you should never have the problem of it picking up something else.

09-02-07, 05:41 PM   #7
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think this is what your after

Have a soul-bag in your 4th slot (furthest from the backpack) and use this addon (Shard-Deleter) and it will auto delete any shars not in the soul bag

09-02-07, 08:45 PM   #8
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by 0Blackmage0
I think this is what your after

Have a soul-bag in your 4th slot (furthest from the backpack) and use this addon (Shard-Deleter) and it will auto delete any shars not in the soul bag
That addon could very easily detect which bag is the shard bag, you don't have to force a certain slot, nor do you have to nix all the shards if the pouch is in the "wrong" slot.
09-02-07, 09:31 PM   #9
briand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I personally love shard deleter, I keep it on when bouncing around will keep my 28 slot maxed and delete any extras.....then i just /sd off when I'm preping for a raid in Kara or something where I tend to use more shards then normal
09-19-07, 08:09 AM   #10
Persen
A Fallenroot Satyr
I find eeShards satisfying... Has shard counter for FuBar, excess shard deleter (any number) and low shard number alert (also configurable for any number.)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » [Warlock] Discipline thy shards.