04-03-11, 07:00 PM   #1
sean2358
A Murloc Raider
player flag set with other automations in raiding

I don't use DBM when I raid, I much prefer the feature set available through BigWigs. However I had been left with a lack of an auto-responder of any sort except by a manual "/dnd raiding, please wait." I found an addon that recorded whispers for later rreplay when a player was flagged /afk and it was extremely simple to modify the trigger conditionals to also record while I was /dnd (as soon as i realized that "if (not UnitIsAfk("player")) or (not UnitIsDND("player")) was incorrect logic and I needed replay/disable record to require an AND logic instead since /dnd removed /afk and so I needed to verify having neither status in order to properly time the message dump.) and with some research and testing, found that SendChatMessage("raiding, please wait","DND") was the script command ideal to both double as an auto-response and likewise trigger my answering machine. However, if I use an OnEvent:SetScript I cannot seem to avoid triggering the DND flag at login, or if I use an event other than PLAYER_ENTERS_WORLD to run a check of IsInstancre for an "if ("type == raid") then ..." but if I tie the DND flag set into either a bossmod loading sequence or eles try to combine it with my automated combatlog triggers, whichever I tie it into fails in entirety. Before I continue to beat my head against the wall adding a custom module to BigWigs, is it worth trying to just tie it in a small addon that sets /dnd at "PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED" and clears it at etiher "PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED" in possible combination with a UnitIsDeadOrGhost("player") backup check for whether to clear it...

On second thought, better to log the dead time than have a log stop mid-fight due to an early death, almost walked into the same trap all over again.

Once I get the recording/playback, /dnd auto set for responding, and the combat and/or chatllog to all automate the way I am trying for in one addon split with sub-modules or even collectively as a smaller package I'll upload it as well, I see a large number of requests for an addon set with these and also some other options. At that point in development, I'll be putting my focus on storing the whisper and author table sets so that they are intact in the event of a disconnect and can still be retrieved, which also would help in the event of the /afk aspect of the funcitionaltiy in the event of an extended absense of enough duration to have blizzard afk-log the character out
04-03-11, 08:02 PM   #2
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So... is this a request for help or an opinion wanted or something? Or are you just announcing something you're making? Your post isn't very clear on its purpose and sort of rambles on about different possibilities.
04-04-11, 03:59 AM   #3
sean2358
A Murloc Raider
Apparently "i am trying to..." "but I am stuck at..." "I have so far had no success by..." is unclear.

I apologize for trying to be thorough in statement of 1) goal. 2) problem. 3) ineffective attempts at solution. 4) possible theoretical solotion methods that I am unable to implement.

Next time I promise to be vague, misleading and contradict myself
04-04-11, 04:32 AM   #4
Duugu
Premium Member

Ehm ... I can't find these words in your first post.

btw: imho shorter sentence would be much more legible.
04-04-11, 04:48 AM   #5
Vlad
A Molten Giant

He want's DBM to /dnd flag him and hide whispers, until raid ends, he dies and releases (as ghost, to avoid whisper spam if he gets CR in fight I guess) he gets all queued messages written and /dnd removed.
Then when he is alive again in the raid zone /dnd again with the message and continue gather whispers.

That's what I understood from the post, hehe. I could be wrong, kind of hard post to read... ^^
04-04-11, 04:57 AM   #6
daylesan
A Fallenroot Satyr
I found an addon that recorded whispers for later rreplay when a player was flagged /afk and it was extremely simple to modify the trigger conditionals
We can't really help if you don't show us the code that is giving you problems.

It's also hard to help if your post is a wall of text that shifts focus every few lines.
04-04-11, 04:18 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Honestly, I couldn't follow your post either or see what you needed to get out of it. Figured I would leave it to someone else whose eyes could focus on the wall of text better than mine and who's brain could follow the train of thought therein.

And please don't get snarky with those trying to help you.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-05-11, 04:03 PM   #8
sean2358
A Murloc Raider
Apology for post's delay, had to restore to a backed up point.

I believe I pinned down the issue, either the frames I am using to register the trigger event aren't forming until after the event register call went unfulfilled.

Part of the problem was that Ace2 and Ace3 got corrupted at some point. Once I've finished refreshing and rebuilding my setup I will get a revised edit of the code out if it still fails to function.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » player flag set with other automations in raiding