03-29-06, 02:35 AM   #1
Crispix
A Cyclonian

Question So.. How bad did 1.10 kill your UI?

Suprisingly, my UI wasn't TOO butchered...

I need to move my xp bar over a smidge, that's done via GBars (which still works! ).

But how about you.. how badly did 1.10 kill your ui?

The one user I'm most worried about is Mazz, with all the work they're putting into that absolutely fantastic UI of their's.. I'll be suprisingly sad ( ) if it dies.

Click my signature to see my current character!
Current Server: Lightning Hoof (PVP RP) Current UI: Mazzlefizz
03-29-06, 04:22 AM   #2
Dsurions
A Murloc Raider
So far I have noticed listfix, afkalert, healix, combatsound, !chat, and durability (titan).

Some are saying blocked from a action only, or item bonuses and dura. work sometimes then stop working >< I'm glad !chat was updated though, but overall it's not to bad yet then again I just started looking at alot of stuff. I lost settings for alot of mods also and sct i had to totally reinstall. Also i can't speak for mazzel, but the only way that UI will die is if she decides to stop and not post it which is her choice, the changes to game really aren't that bad I think previous patches where way worse shes pretty smart I'm sure she can handle it np.

I'll add any here as i go through it to maybe help some people or just show whats going wrong for me anyways, any answers anyone has would be more then welcome also^^

ABinfo- The count numbers aren't showing up on my spells/food (how many times I can cast it etc. with the mana i have.) I'm using discord action bars also not sure if thats why.

Benecast- Not working at all >< no buttons even menu is missing buttons.

Item Bonuses (titan)- seems to work now after the latest titan coming out yet Dura. still isn't working.

Super Inspect- When checking item bonus. in the inspect window nothing happens.

Last edited by Dsurions : 03-29-06 at 09:00 AM.
03-29-06, 04:38 AM   #3
NoMercy
A Kobold Labourer
I havent downloaded many interface mods yet but i only just got the 1.10 patch today and my scrolling_text mod and CT_Raid_Assist don't seem to be working
03-29-06, 05:01 AM   #4
Ardsagart
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by NoMercy
I havent downloaded many interface mods yet but i only just got the 1.10 patch today and my scrolling_text mod and CT_Raid_Assist don't seem to be working
Are you referring to the 1.10 released versions ? Or the ones you already had installed from 1.9 ?

Both of the mods you refer to have been updated for 1.10 already, I haven't had a problem with them so far today.
03-29-06, 05:08 AM   #5
zex210
A Murloc Raider
mine wasnt too bad. just some simple updates to get it all working again. I am kinda pissed however, that my extendedquest log ui is f'd, due to the fact it used the frame.xml. I guess ill just have to find somethin else now. If anyone knows of something like it please let me know.
03-29-06, 06:14 AM   #6
Eudoxia
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unhappy

I have nothing Nothing nothing nothing , and i just realzied i am a mod addict.
03-29-06, 08:38 AM   #7
Amafi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It pretty much killed everything but my bibbars.
Every time I left click the screen,to target or rmb+lmb to run,
WoW moans about Ace doing something that only WoW is supposed to be doing.

So...That kills BossPanel+plugins,my unit frames (AceLucenFrames),AceLoot(I can't play without this anymore,having to go the upper left corner to get the loot every time is maddening),
and pretty much every other addOn I have installed,since most of them are Ace dependant.

As long as I don't click the screen to target everything seems to function fine though,
must be an event firing at leftclick that they don't want ingame for some reason.

Ah well,I guess that's as good an incentive to actually get some work done as any.
Or to go kill people in Oblivion so I can finally get into the assassins guild.
03-29-06, 10:55 AM   #8
rydindirty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I got jacked all together. My addon button is missing from the character selection screen and None of my mods ran when i entered the game.

I tried to play with out them just to play...........It just made realize how dependant you become to those mods and how much the blizz ui sucks
03-29-06, 11:30 AM   #9
bl00mie
A Kobold Labourer
AceWardrobe died for me =(
no more auto-bear-gear until someone fixes it or I find a suitable replacement.

Benecast... d'oh! I rely pretty heavily on that... I hope there's a fix soon. I don't even have the buffs and debuffs on a bar, so i'm totally hosed.

Angler is no more, too... This is probably because Blizz has yoinked our ability to create mouse or kbd events (like those required to auto-recast when fishing).

Amafi, was it really ACE itself that was listed as the perpitrator? Perhaps it is mucking with I/O at the behest of some other ACE addon? I'd try disabling each ACE app you run individually and see which one is causing this problem, and then check the wowace site (it seems to be totally slammed at the moment...) or the appropriate author page here for an update or 1.10 comments.
03-29-06, 11:41 AM   #10
ScorchingIce
A Kobold Labourer
Functions that stopped working

Benecast - No buttons/menu broken (I use it with Perl frame addon as well)

CTRaidassist (I get a message forcing me to disable the addon entirely)

Cleanchat (I get a message forcing me to disable the addon entirely)

I have been using the Insomniax recompilation custom to my taste with some disable and some added in ui mods. and So far those are the only ones I have noticed.

Benecast and cleanchat are very important ones to me. I need those spell casti ng icons to pops up for my lazy butt and I hate having that stupid little bubble hanging off the sides of my chat box window :P (Cleanchat does a lot more, but thats the main reason I use it)
03-29-06, 12:03 PM   #11
DrChaos
A Fallenroot Satyr
There is updates for CT raid already. I was UUI and its borked completly.

autoinnerfire
AutoShield
fishingbuddy
flightpath
anything for enchanting........
and about 7 others.....

Anything that has to go through the LUA file has to be removed.

03-29-06, 12:06 PM   #12
Deleynah
A Murloc Raider
I installed Ace 1.3 in a totally clean Addons folder (with the Blizz addons only), and it doesnt generate any errors at all.

My assumption is that Ace allows for something to be hooked that 1.10 blocks now, and so because of the way Ace developed addons work, it looks like Ace is the one doing the banned hook.

but I do not know enough about Ace to give a definitive answer.
03-29-06, 07:33 PM   #13
Rumble
A Defias Bandit
Only problem I seem to have is with BibMod. Most of it works fine, but I don't get a pet bar when I call my pet, and I can't access the main menu or the help menu. I have to end task to log out of the game. ANyone else using this mod? Is there anything similar or the same I can replace it with?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » So.. How bad did 1.10 kill your UI?