05-27-09, 11:45 AM   #1
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Weird x64 issue.

I run on Vista x64 Home Premium. Your installer detects my system as x86, then tells me I'm not using 64 bit Java. I'm most likely going to be able to install the x86 version just fine, but I'm not sure why it's detecting my system incorrectly. Just thought you might want to know
05-27-09, 11:47 AM   #2
Tyrnal
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

go to the Java web page using the 64-bit internet explorer and update your java to 64 bit and Minion will follow suit. Had to do this on both of my computers.
05-27-09, 11:56 AM   #3
ScytheBlade1
aka Sbo

Premium Member
Originally Posted by syrupk View Post
I run on Vista x64 Home Premium. Your installer detects my system as x86, then tells me I'm not using 64 bit Java. I'm most likely going to be able to install the x86 version just fine, but I'm not sure why it's detecting my system incorrectly. Just thought you might want to know
That's because you don't have the 64-bit version of Java installed. You can run both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version side by side.

Go here: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer

Windows x64 --> I agree --> Continue

And you'll get a 64-bit JVM.
<Iriel> does your 'therapy' involve pitchforks and boiling oil?
05-27-09, 12:08 PM   #4
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

I'm using the x86 version of the minion, does it make a difference? I'm not having any problems. This thing is amazing. It picked up all my addons from the sites I use and worked perfectly. Normally I wouldn't use an updater, but I couldn't help it this thing is so slick.

Will there ever be any way to choose certain files to not be updated inside of a mod? I'm concerned with updating things like my custom DBM timers and having to go back and redo all the work.

You guys are incredible, nice job.

Thankyou also for the help, I use Firefox, so not 64 bit IE, probably why I have the issue.
05-27-09, 01:05 PM   #5
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

For something like Minion, 64-bit/32-bit should make no noticeable difference.

To the best of my knowledge, Firefox is still distributed only in 32 bit, which is why that Java page automatically serves you a 32-bit Java. There should be a link somewhere to the tune of "Download a different version", but if your only using it for Minion, it really shouldn't matter.
05-27-09, 01:43 PM   #6
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

I downloaded it anyways since it was there. Thanks much

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Weird x64 issue.