05-28-09, 06:47 AM   #1
RemelioGemweaver
A Murloc Raider

Question - Multiple Sources

How will minion work after it has access to multiple sources? Will you have to manually go in and ignore addons for particular sites, or will it figure out the best site to download from automatically? Given the tab design it looks like the former rather than the latter. I was just curious what the plan was.
05-28-09, 08:12 AM   #2
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I hope that it picks the newest version from among those sites, if not it's going to be a tiny pain.
05-28-09, 11:30 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You will be able to tell each module to ignore specific addons. So if for example Curse is updated more frequently you can tell the WoWI module to completely ignore an addon you prefer to get from curse. This allows Multi-site addons to be obtained from the location of your choice.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-28-09, 01:00 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
As MidgetMage said, we don't have any plans for having Minion selecting things automatically. A lot of the intention behind Minion is that we are leaving the controls in your hands. You decide what Minion does and doesn't do, from installing other modules to deciding where you prefer to get your addons.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Question - Multiple Sources