04-12-12, 06:53 PM   #1
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
How long for an AddOn to be approved?

I recently submitted something a couple days ago but I have no way of checking the status or knowing whether it was submitted or not. Do we get a PM when its accepted/declined?
04-12-12, 06:56 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I am sorry, but we do not always send a PM notifying of a rejection if it is a new upload. Did you ensure that your upload passed all of the requirements and restrictions as stated on the upload page?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-12-12, 06:59 PM   #3
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I am sorry, but we do not always send a PM notifying of a rejection if it is a new upload. Did you ensure that your upload passed all of the requirements and restrictions as stated on the upload page?

Yeah, it got uploaded then said I had to wait for a moderator to approve the .zip file. I submitted a graphical compilation
04-12-12, 07:15 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check the site's FAQ. If your upload was not approved, you almost certainly did not read and follow all of the guidelines.

From the FAQ:

Why do my uploads keep getting denied/deleted?

The five most common errors are:

a) You included executables in it. We don't allow executables in regular mods or compilations on the site;

b) You have extra compressed folders within your main compressed folders. Everything needs to be in their own uncompressed folder within the main folder.

c) Having wowmatrix files in it. We don't allow anything having to do with wowmatrix on our site;

(The next two are specific to compilations)

d) You didn't give proper credit to the authors whose actual work you are using. You need to either list the mods used in your description or take a screenshot of your addon folder and include it with your other screenshots; or

e) You didn't scrub your WTF of your personal information. That's a good way to get your account stolen. Make sure that if you include the WTF, you change your personal information to generic terms;

Make sure none of those are a problem with your upload.
If any of those rules are confusing, feel free to ask for clarification.
04-12-12, 07:18 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Zirgo View Post
Yeah, it got uploaded then said I had to wait for a moderator to approve the .zip file. I submitted a graphical compilation
What was the name of the UI?
04-12-12, 07:52 PM   #6
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
What was the name of the UI?
Vhei's Cataclysm 2.0 UI

Now that I* thinki about, I can't remember if I listed the addons in the description.
04-12-12, 07:57 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Looking at the logs your UI was denied on the 10th because it did not comply with the rules. Sorry you were not contacted but we don't always contact people when a compilation is denied.

Most of the time we delete compilations right away is if they contain wowmatrix.dat files, didn't include list of addons used to give credit to those authors, included any excitable programs, or had missing information like description or title.

If you can please look over your compilation and make sure it meets these standards we will approve it asap. I'll put a note in our file queue so we know to keep an eye out for your upload.

Thanks for using our site!
04-12-12, 08:01 PM   #8
Zirgo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Looking at the logs your UI was denied on the 10th because it did not comply with the rules. Sorry you were not contacted but we don't always contact people when a compilation is denied.

Most of the time we delete compilations right away is if they contain wowmatrix.dat files, didn't include list of addons used to give credit to those authors, included any excitable programs, or had missing information like description or title.

If you can please look over your compilation and make sure it meets these standards we will approve it asap. I'll put a note in our file queue so we know to keep an eye out for your upload.

Thanks for using our site!

Thanks, ill do that now. thanks for the fast replies.
04-13-12, 07:50 AM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

excitable programs
Yes, only calm programs are allowed.
04-13-12, 09:12 AM   #10
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Yes, only calm programs are allowed.
Haha, I laughed
04-13-12, 11:13 AM   #11
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Haha, love ya iphone auto correct.

executable

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » How long for an AddOn to be approved?