03-23-09, 09:18 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Myth or reality

SO I keep hearing about this "Old Ironforge", does this place actually exist or what? If so, how do you get there. Also is there a website of some kind that lists all the little "Easter Eggs" in the game?

Thanks all!

03-23-09, 09:21 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The place does exist - or at least used to. But you're not allowed to go there. It's one of those places that if you actually did get to wall-walk to (which is impossible to do now) or "fall through the world to" then you'd be ported out by a GM with a warning.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-23-09, 09:23 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Here - found this in my bookmarks: http://www.lostwow.com/

edit: heed the warning in the footer of the site
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-23-09, 10:08 PM   #4
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks Seerah! Always wondered about it and been playing almost 3 years.

03-24-09, 12:04 AM   #5
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LOL. Back in the olden days of WoW...

I had a friend that was obsessed with finding some of the easter eggs back then and learned to wall jump etc. Showed me Old IF, "underneath" Stormwind, and through a couple caves that weren't supposed to be gone through. Darn Mage jumped over mountains like Superman. Kinda funny but meh. Serious no-no so it's not recommended to experiment.

03-24-09, 03:07 PM   #6
lordlundar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I still remember the one person who sneaked in Mount Hyjal in vanilla and met a blizzard blocker. For those of you wondering. They put these in as an additional safeguard for content they have in development but not released, usually because they use it as an experimentation field. Level 60 mobs with no attacks, 3 HP and a huge amount of XP and skill points were the norm in these sealed areas. They are a Storm Giant model that's REEEALY big, have an area wide aggro range and one attack that hits for roughly 100k damage with an unblockable trait and an attack speed of 1.00. They also sit with an HP count of more than any known mob by at least 3 to 1. If you're lucky you might get one hit off, but I doubt it. I think at best you have time to go "crap".

Poor guy was pissed he couldn't rez and the response from the GM's was effectively "tough ****, you weren't supposed to go in there."
03-24-09, 03:20 PM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by lordlundar View Post
I still remember the one person who sneaked in Mount Hyjal in vanilla and met a blizzard blocker. For those of you wondering. They put these in as an additional safeguard for content they have in development but not released, usually because they use it as an experimentation field. Level 60 mobs with no attacks, 3 HP and a huge amount of XP and skill points were the norm in these sealed areas. They are a Storm Giant model that's REEEALY big, have an area wide aggro range and one attack that hits for roughly 100k damage with an unblockable trait and an attack speed of 1.00. They also sit with an HP count of more than any known mob by at least 3 to 1. If you're lucky you might get one hit off, but I doubt it. I think at best you have time to go "crap".

Poor guy was pissed he couldn't rez and the response from the GM's was effectively "tough ****, you weren't supposed to go in there."
Yes, I remember those mobs, Guardians of Blizzard or something like that. They have since been replaced by a DeBuff called No Man's Land that teleports you out of the area. This DeBuff was first seen during the BC beta however it exists in any area that players are not supposed to be including Mt Hyjal and on top of the Inn at XR.
03-25-09, 12:52 AM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I miss the old Noggenfogger now... /cry

For those of you who don't know, the old Nogg-aholics were some of the best explorers out there before the end of wall walking and the nerf of Noggenfogger.

Nogg-aholics website (discontinued): http://nogg-aholic.blogspot.com/
Nogg-aholics The Movie: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72074631385072

I still keep a full stack of the stuff on all my toons though, even though its not as fun anymore.

03-25-09, 03:18 AM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
I miss the old Noggenfogger now... /cry

For those of you who don't know, the old Nogg-aholics were some of the best explorers out there before the end of wall walking and the nerf of Noggenfogger.

Nogg-aholics website (discontinued): http://nogg-aholic.blogspot.com/
Nogg-aholics The Movie: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72074631385072

I still keep a full stack of the stuff on all my toons though, even though its not as fun anymore.
Ah yes, Nogg-aholic the Movie. The full version of that movie (not a YouTube compressed version) was reuploaded to WarcraftMovies some time back. Here is a direct link to the download on FileFront

Nogg-aholic the Move @ FileFront

It is a classic nowdays. I have two copies archived. Regarding Noggenfogger Elixir, yes I keep a full stack on my toons and run my alts through that quest line when they are ready. Too bad its been nerfed (my Druid loved it) however it's still a fun item.
03-25-09, 07:43 AM   #10
tinyu
A Molten Giant

this is what Ironforge used to look like and imo this is the way it should look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZKb61xxX0

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Myth or reality