09-02-08, 11:08 PM   #41
Tarquin
A Murloc Raider
I'd like to also add my thanks to the staff. The effort put into the site is obvious and these contests are icing on an already delicious cake. They are in no way required, but it's great that they take the time and effort to have them. It just adds that much more to the site as a whole. Thanks once more!

09-03-08, 12:56 AM   #42
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr
For all those horde having trouble finding the guy to turn the code into, hes in the south western corner of the trade quarter in the Undercity. Be sure to be on the character you want to have it cause you can't have it on more than one.

Last edited by Arathius : 09-04-08 at 06:51 PM.

09-03-08, 02:05 AM   #43
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Congratulations to all the winners! 13 of the winning entries were on my personal list of winners, one extra gratz to you guys =)

Also a congratulation to Carienn and Wowinterface for a very nice competition!

Now I'm going to reread all the winning entries and enjoy them =) and try to find the funny parts of those I didn't quite get earlier.

TomWolf

PS. One extra gratz to the 7 that wasn't on my personal list of winners as well...felt wrong to not include you there....

09-03-08, 02:20 AM   #44
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
After reading all the posts here I wanted to write a killing response to some of them but....I won't =)

I'm just to thrilled that I've found a site that I didn't feel do anything wrong during the entire competition. When there was a delay in releasing the winners we got good word from the contest admin, she waited for more votes to come in to ensure as little favouritism as possible, contest closed at the time it was supposed to, wrongful entries actually got word about that asap....it's been a pure joy taking part of a competition here.

Even if I don't agree with all the entries...hey, I didn't expect to. In an election where you win by 70% of the votes there are still 30% out there who thinks the wrong guy won....and if you are 5 people in the election and win by 40%...then more then half of the voters think the wrong guy won. Nobody will agree with all the winning entries when there are 20 winners. That's just something we have to deal with like mature people.

Again, thanks for the competition Carienn. I'll do better the next time =)

TomWolf

09-03-08, 08:35 AM   #45
Drazzii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Congratz to all the winners! And especially thanks to those that helped decide on those winners!

Just out of curiosity, I was kinda wondering if any of them had thoughts or had stuff to say on any of the entries. I was curious what others thought of specifically my entries. My last entry, http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...5&postcount=66, referenced one of my favorite spots in the World of Warcraft. At that spot, there is a play-on an old sci-fi movie called "Buckaroo Banzai" where in the movie they modify a rocket-car to go through a mountain into the 8th-dimension. I thought it appropiate for the comic to reference a rocket car that was "modd'ed", and then crashed.

Anyways, just curious what the judges thought

Thanks again!

09-03-08, 09:33 AM   #46
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, I'm sorry, Drazzii, but I'm not familiar with that reference. I thought your "Don't mod and drive" was cute, though. But along with not quite getting it, I think the background image was a little too out of focus (gave me a slight headache trying to look at it to see what it was a picture of). Next time, try not to blur so much.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-03-08, 10:40 AM   #47
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your beta key converted to US?

09-03-08, 10:57 AM   #48
Duugu
Premium Member

Well ... I'm a bit curious about some winners too. Thought this is a "comic contest", not a "funny screenshot contest".

Nevertheless, congratulations to all winners and thanks a lot to the staff for this contest - which motivated me to draw my first comics in yonks.
Maybe I'll come up with some more ... even without a contest.

09-03-08, 12:20 PM   #49
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
In this realm, it is quite common for screenshots to be used for comics. Take a look at Blizzard's comic contest or the Flintlocke series for example.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-03-08, 01:20 PM   #50
Drazzii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Arathius View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your beta key converted to US?
I sent off the card code to Blizz's beta billing people thinkin' that was what needed to be changed, but found out it had to be redeemed first. Then when Blizzard sends me an actual beta key (whenever that'll be) it has to be converted. I didn't know how this worked when I got the card code (not that I'm complaining!), so just FYI for those that are looking to do the same thing.

If anyone did it right the first time, how did it take to get the beta key?

09-03-08, 02:38 PM   #51
Howlsatmoonlight
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Drazzii View Post
I sent off the card code to Blizz's beta billing people thinkin' that was what needed to be changed, but found out it had to be redeemed first. Then when Blizzard sends me an actual beta key (whenever that'll be) it has to be converted. I didn't know how this worked when I got the card code (not that I'm complaining!), so just FYI for those that are looking to do the same thing.

If anyone did it right the first time, how did it take to get the beta key?
Same thing happened to me, I emailed them and they responded today having me input my code on the 'Future Beta Sign-Up' page. I too would be interested in knowing how long it took to get a key after submitting the code via the beta sign-up page.

09-03-08, 03:45 PM   #52
Drazzii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight View Post
Same thing happened to me, I emailed them and they responded today having me input my code on the 'Future Beta Sign-Up' page....
Yeah... I was wonderin' what it meant by "Blizzard Future Beta Sign-up" in the email response I got. I'm hoping it's just a auto-response from back when the beta first started that was never edited. I guess only time will see.

09-03-08, 03:51 PM   #53
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yeah, so, didn't quite have all the info I needed. Guess you apparently need to go to the site, put the code in, THEN email them, if you need to exchange an EU key for a US key. Sorry for the confusion.

09-03-08, 06:33 PM   #54
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr
For those that haven't tried yet, here are the instructions I was given.

> Hello,
>
> You will need to redeem your card code here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/beta-signup.html.
>
> After you have successfully redeemed the code, you will be queued to receive a beta invitation. Once you receive the beta invitation key, let me know and I will exchange it for a working US key.
>
> Regards,
> Justin T
> Billing & Account Services
> Blizzard Entertainment
> www.worldofwarcraft.com

09-03-08, 08:06 PM   #55
Undel
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up

*spasm*

09-04-08, 06:12 AM   #56
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by chauronity View Post
Yeah I mean come on really? I spent at least a good 10 hours spending time making my four comics, showed to my friends and they all liked it, thought they were better then the majority of the other entries on the website and here I am seeing comics that look like they were slapped together in 30 minutes with little to no effort in the dialogue.

It's stuff like this i'm taking about
http://www.bouvi.com/sigs/Chuck1.jpg
Sorry I tried to keep quiet but... Did you notice that was not the only one I did? I did like 13 or 14 entries. That was probably not the one that won it but it was where the chuck series started. Plus I did 2 others besides the chuck series.

I am not going to apologize for winning as I worked for it. Putting up 1, 2 or more a day. I am a very busy person with a full time job, own a martial arts school, have a family. So my few minutes I could spare to work on this was valuable time.

Again sorry but this kind of burned me. Again congrats to all the winners.

09-05-08, 08:18 AM   #57
Drazzii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So, has any of the winners received an actual beta key yet? Just curious

09-05-08, 09:32 AM   #58
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I haven't yet. At the mercy of blizzard. Whatcha gonna do.

I for one am going to hurry up and wait. LOL.

09-05-08, 10:26 AM   #59
Drazzii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Bouvi View Post
I haven't yet. At the mercy of blizzard. Whatcha gonna do.

I for one am going to hurry up and wait. LOL.
Ah yes, hurry up and wait! At least I'm getting to enjoy my new mini Tyrael!!

09-05-08, 10:56 AM   #60
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yeah I did not realize how rare they were. Everyone on Stormrage is asking about it. So much I am thinking of making a macro for the response. I always say I won it in a contest at wowinterface.com.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Comic Contest Winners!