03-30-11, 01:24 PM   #1
Wickedshifts
A Fallenroot Satyr
Macro / Script Question

I was wondering if it is possible to setup a Macro / Script that when the button is pressed it casts one spell, waits for the 1.5 GCD & the casts another one, something similair to this (Rough example):

/castsequence reset=1.5 Living Bomb, Combustion

To explain: So if I pressed the button the macro / script would cast Living Bomb then after the GCD it casts Combustion... I don't think it can be done, but is it possible?

Thanks,

--Wicked
03-30-11, 01:33 PM   #2
zynix
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I know you will need to press it two times to get the desired (or undesired) effect, but I need someone to confirm it
03-30-11, 04:07 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes. One hardware event per secure action. What the above macro does is this: on the first click, it will cast Living Bomb. On the second click, it will click Combustion. The reset=1.5 bit is a "reset" timer - the sequence will reset to the first spell if the button is not pressed within 1.5 seconds. (Though, reset may only accept whole numbers...) If you keep spamming the button, it will never reset until either the second spell is cast or you stop and wait.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-30-11, 04:22 PM   #4
Wickedshifts
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yes. One hardware event per secure action. What the above macro does is this: on the first click, it will cast Living Bomb. On the second click, it will click Combustion. The reset=1.5 bit is a "reset" timer - the sequence will reset to the first spell if the button is not pressed within 1.5 seconds. (Though, reset may only accept whole numbers...) If you keep spamming the button, it will never reset until either the second spell is cast or you stop and wait.
Ok I figured it wouldnt work, I knew about having to press the castsequence macro button each time for each spell in the sequence, it was just an example. And No, im pretty sure Castsequence macros have to be whole numbers, 2,4,6,120, etc...

Thanks for the replies.

---Wicked
03-30-11, 08:46 PM   #5
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it helps, Combustion will no longer be on GCD in patch 4.1, so it can be cast with other spells in a macro.

However, it is not recommended to do so because the application of the LB debuff is not instant, and casting Combustion at the same time as LB will cause Combustion not to take into account the LB debuff, unless one already exists on the target.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Macro / Script Question