10-18-10, 05:33 PM   #1
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Consistent choppy framerate

This is happening as I pass through the hallway between the Dalaran flight pad and the inner city. Not exactly sure what's causing it, but it happens every time I pass through it.

10-19-10, 02:29 AM   #2
Aywn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
it also does it in

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
This is happening as I pass through the hallway between the Dalaran flight pad and the inner city. Not exactly sure what's causing it, but it happens every time I pass through it.
it also happens when using the random dungeon finder i don't know if there is more but I've noticed it in Blackrock. anyone else?

normally my fps is 30 to 40 and it dropped to 7.5 to 12

10-19-10, 11:53 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I ran through the same Dalaran area yesterday and it was normal. FPS would drop a lot when dozens of players were in view, but that is normal.

Carbonite is doing the same map drawing stuff as before. That should not be any slower.

Blizzard has improved some graphics effects in the game (water, sunlight, maybe certain textures), which is lowering FPS in certain places. Lowering graphics settings will get the FPS back up if that is what is happening.

10-19-10, 01:33 PM   #4
Shonomercey
A Kobold Labourer

Choppy Frame Rate

I have noticed that while running Carbonite while doing quests the items i need for the quests or the kills cause choppy screen and frame rate. This only happens while either picking up a quest item or killing a quest mob. I turned carbonite off to see if it still happens and it doesnt. Is there going to be a fix for this because I truly love using carbonite.

10-19-10, 02:16 PM   #5
Hjalmar
A Kobold Labourer
Heya,

I've been testing, testing and testing, and I think I found out what causes the choppy framerate when you loot a quest item.

It's the tracking of achievements feature, which is displayed in top of the Carbonite quest log window. The more achievements you track, the more choppy it gets.

Turned tracking off, and it's speedy again.

Cheers, Niels

10-19-10, 04:48 PM   #6
Corydas
A Defias Bandit
I experience a FPS of around 6 when ever I kill a quest monster. About 3 seconds later it goes back to around 30. It doesn't happen when I kill something not involved with a quest.

10-19-10, 11:20 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Hjalmar View Post
Heya,

I've been testing, testing and testing, and I think I found out what causes the choppy framerate when you loot a quest item.

It's the tracking of achievements feature, which is displayed in top of the Carbonite quest log window. The more achievements you track, the more choppy it gets.

Thx, I'll test that.

10-20-10, 12:55 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I found a cause for achievement FPS drop and fixed for next version:
Fixed FPS drop when tracking achievements and Quest Watch List item buttons shown.
A variable was not set on quest item buttons, so their update was triggering Blizzard watch list update every .2 secs.

I was getting a drop from 67 to 45 FPS from that. Mileage will vary.

10-20-10, 08:41 PM   #9
Corydas
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Corydas View Post
I experience a FPS of around 6 when ever I kill a quest monster. About 3 seconds later it goes back to around 30. It doesn't happen when I kill something not involved with a quest.
I disabled Cartographer and now my FPS stays around 30.

10-20-10, 11:24 PM   #10
eiraser
A Kobold Labourer

hey there my Fps was a normal 60-70 before i added the new nui.once added my framerate dropped to 25-30 doesnt matter where i go or what im doing....any ideas??? i cant stand lag

10-21-10, 04:43 AM   #11
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I found a cause for achievement FPS drop and fixed for next version:
Fixed FPS drop when tracking achievements and Quest Watch List item buttons shown.
A variable was not set on quest item buttons, so their update was triggering Blizzard watch list update every .2 secs.
I was getting a drop from 67 to 45 FPS from that. Mileage will vary.
Any releasedate?

10-21-10, 04:29 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've got 4 bug fixes done now, so I'll test this build and release late tonight.

10-21-10, 04:42 PM   #13
Dree3
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Hjalmar View Post

Cheers, Niels
THANK YOU!!!!!

This was enraging me for hours. Now it's fixed. <3

10-21-10, 04:46 PM   #14
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by eiraser View Post
hey there my Fps was a normal 60-70 before i added the new nui.
Have not used nUI and have not heard of any issues, so I don't know.

11-06-10, 04:13 AM   #15
Gaenjin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by eiraser View Post
hey there my Fps was a normal 60-70 before i added the new nui.once added my framerate dropped to 25-30 doesnt matter where i go or what im doing....any ideas??? i cant stand lag
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Have not used nUI and have not heard of any issues, so I don't know.
Hm, I use nUI and that might answer the question of why I am losing ~10-12 FPS when I enable Carbonite on one of my older computers.

I don't notice it on mine (its a better system) but while working on my wife's older computer, I could get it up to 50-54 FPS on Good settings, (specific to the zones I was testing in) but as soon as I enabled Carbonite, it dropped to 38-40. Its an older Pentium 4 Northwood 3.06, with 4g RAM and just upgraded its video to a Radeon 4670 (can't afford a new rig atm).

I tweaked with her game video settings, but the 10-12 FPS drop when enabling Carbonite was always a constant regardless of Low or Good settings.

11-06-10, 08:27 AM   #16
Chmee
A Molten Giant
When I moved the general video settings slider from "good" to "fair", my fps (with both carbonite and nUI enabled) went from an annoying 17 or so up to about 90. So if disabling carb (or nUI) were to give me another 10 fps, I don't care. The addons are too valuable to me, and reducing the strain on my GPU solves the problem for me.

BTW, I did try disabling all my addons, with the video settings at "good". Made no difference.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Consistent choppy framerate