01-20-11, 05:03 PM   #1
Dresden
A Murloc Raider

Focus problem

First off, thx scott for all you hard work. I absolutely love nUI+ and i can't wait for the next version.

My problem is that sometimes my focus does not get set or shown. I basically use two macros, one for fear and the other for banish, since I'm a warlock. And the one for Fear works with out fail and perfectly, however the Banish does not. So i'm wondering if there is something i'm missing with in the macro, or with Banish, or does nUI handle it differently depending on the spell. Here is the Macro I use for Banish (it's the same as Fear except for the spell name):

#showtooltip
/focus [target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists] target
/cast [target=focus,btn:1] Banish
/clearfocus [btn:2]

Basically with Fear i just have to activate the macro and it works everytime, however this Banish one will not. I have to actively set the target again, then re-activate the macro.

Any thoughts? Or is there more info that I can provide to aid?

Thanks

01-20-11, 08:01 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To be perfectly honest, I don't do macros much... so I'm not of much use to you there. That said, nUI does not "handle" macros at all. you just create your macro and put it on the action bar. From there on out, it's all done by the Blizzard code. I'm not sure why Fear would work and banish would not, other than that you can fear almost any target (focus) but you can only banish a demon.

Maybe one of the macro gurus who read over our shoulders can lend a hand?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-21-11, 12:48 AM   #3
Seer
A Molten Giant
You're using the focus to set the focus by the looks of it, or setting a new focus each time you use the macro (no modifier when casting focus)

Try something like

#showtooltip
/focus [mod:alt]
/cast [target=focus,btn:1] Banish
/clearfocus [btn:2]

Or

/clearfocus [mod:ctrl]; [target=focus,dead]
/stopmacro [mod:ctrl]; [nocombat,mod:alt]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Fear

/clearfocus [mod:ctrl]; [target=focus,dead]
/stopmacro [mod:ctrl]; [nocombat,mod:alt]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Banish

(Thanks to CCfocus)

Last edited by Seer : 01-21-11 at 12:56 AM.

01-26-11, 02:12 PM   #4
Dresden
A Murloc Raider

Sorry it took my a while to report back.

But you are correct, there is a focus check to see if a new focus is needed. Basically what it is suppose to do is if there is no focus currently set, it will focus that target then fear/banish. If there is it will see if the focus is a live. If it is it will fear/banish the target. If the focus is dead or no focus it will focus my new target and fear/banish. It has worked quite well so i don't have to re-acquire the target for CC. However with a little help and stream lining the macro appears to be working again. I did make a modification as it won't clear the focus on a right click, but that is ok as I can do it on the other marco.

Here is the new one:

#showtooltip
/focus [@focus,dead][@focus,noexists] target
/cast [@focus] Banish

I am still baffled as to why it worked for one but not the other, but that is water under the bridge now.

thanks again for all the help and input.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Focus problem