05-25-07, 06:51 AM   #1
Stumpers
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ktm

Hey again folks

Wondering if any of you know an updated alternative to KLH Threat Meters? KLH hasn't been updated since the patch and caused so much lag for our raid group in Kara last night. (all turned off KTM and miraculously lag gone bye bye).

It's a fantastically useful mod but when it generates that much lag for us, it's useless until it's updated and there seem to be number-crunching wars in the official threads on Curse so I don't have any idea if it'll be updated any time soon.

Anyone know of something similar or does Kenco have the market cornered?
05-25-07, 08:45 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's pretty much cornered since it's so difficult to put that type of mod together, and all people need KTM for it to communicate with others and really work.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-25-07, 08:59 AM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is actually an alternative, although personally I do not like the way it shares information and therefore refuse to use it.

It's called SW Stats. I hear it's pretty accurate at close range, but I do not agree how it mass spams the sync data, thus causing even more lag. Basically the opposite of KTH, which only sync's as necessary.

05-25-07, 09:02 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
SW Stats is an alternative to DamageMeters, not KTM.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-26-07, 10:08 PM   #5
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Stumpers
Hey again folks

Wondering if any of you know an updated alternative to KLH Threat Meters? KLH hasn't been updated since the patch and caused so much lag for our raid group in Kara last night. (all turned off KTM and miraculously lag gone bye bye).
Try this: http://www.wowace.com/files/KTMCPUManager/

Make KLHThreatMeter more friendly to your CPU.

It reduces the lag I had since patch 2.1 went live.... maybe it does the same to you (and your friends).

PS: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=6282.0
05-27-07, 12:23 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It only turns it off when you don't need it - I'm not sure if it would help them in combat. But I haven't tried it myself.

05-27-07, 05:08 AM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

It does not help in combat however I think part of the lag issue is on Blizzard's end. Note at least on my server; Bronzebeard EU, the lag in instances has not been too bad, but other (in particular US servers) the lag has been an issue. Blizzard is likely working on a hot fix to the issue. This was a HUGE patch and as thus even though Blizzard tested the bejeezus out of it, bugs and problems will crop up and need be squashed.
05-27-07, 07:51 AM   #8
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
There is actually an alternative, although personally I do not like the way it shares information and therefore refuse to use it.

It's called SW Stats. I hear it's pretty accurate at close range, but I do not agree how it mass spams the sync data, thus causing even more lag. Basically the opposite of KTH, which only sync's as necessary.
SwStats is a damage meter, recording damage taken, damage done which can be run "somewhat" on its own, it gathers info from your combat log etc of who's doing what damage on what mob or what healing on what person, you can run it and be the only person running it in a raid and it will kind of accurate (the more people running it synced the better)

KTM is a threat meter judging your threat caused by healing/damage on a meter which you can compare to the main tank so you do not take agro, it is 100% useless unless at least the main tank has it too. It cannot calculate how much threat someone else in the raid has unless they too are running KTM.

You cannot compare these two, its like comparing cheese with potatoes.
05-27-07, 04:04 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
mmmmm cheese....

05-27-07, 09:44 PM   #10
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah
SW Stats is an alternative to DamageMeters, not KTM.
Originally Posted by Debz
You cannot compare these two, its like comparing cheese with potatoes.
Yeah... I realized that far too late. I feel pretty stupid now, lol. I'll blame it on lack of caffeine in the morning...

05-27-07, 11:22 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

There is an alternative in the works over on Wowace, but it's nowhere near ready to use yet.
05-28-07, 06:12 PM   #12
Stumpers
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

"woo" and might I also add "hoo"

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ktm