05-26-07, 12:49 PM   #1
Steil
A Cliff Giant

Character and profession frames stacking

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem that's got me at the end of my rope. The two above mentioned frames are stacking on top of each other and I can't figure out what to look for to fix it.
It has happened several times now and the only way i've been able to fix it is to delete the wtf file and start over on my addon setup. I don't believe it's an ace addon that is responsible for what is happening but I do think it is an ace addon that is saving the frames so that they appear like this: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...507_130808.jpg . one on top of the other.

Here is my list of addons: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...Screenshot.jpg

What happens is everytime i go to a new character. When I open the professions panes there is no noticable difference until i open my character pane. I get no error messages of any type no hangs no crashes. when I exit or reloadui it stays this way. I delete the wtf folder and voila it's fixed but I have to redo my addons.

If anyone else has experienced this problem wonderful tell me how you fixed it and what is the problem. I've tried shutting down addon's and such but the effect where this happens appears to be totally random and doesn't happen the first time or few times i open character sheets on different toons.

If you havn't experienced it but know of where i can look to find where these positions are being saved in my WTF folder, so i don't have to reload/delete every addon setting every time even better.

I appreciate the time you took to look at my problem and will be more than happy to provide any more information that i can to fix it.
05-26-07, 06:57 PM   #2
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Disable any addons that allow you to move the windows around- Move Anything, Liquid Frames, BibMod, etc.

Sorry, but I didnt want to look thru your list of addons since there was quite a few and it was awfully small on my screen. But start there and play a few times, log in and out a few times before re-enabling them.
05-27-07, 10:27 AM   #3
Steil
A Cliff Giant

I checked out the wow ui forums and it appears to be an issue w/ simpleminimap being in the bottom half of the screen haven't been able to check it out yet.
05-27-07, 11:30 AM   #4
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I have simple mini map on the bottom of my screen and I have never encountered this.,..
05-27-07, 12:39 PM   #5
Steil
A Cliff Giant

it is related though, If I move it to the top half and do reload ui it's fixed on all of my toons. If it is below that point it is broken again.
05-29-07, 01:04 AM   #6
BooHag
A Kobold Labourer
I have the same problem, except the stacking isn't limited to the profession window. It happens with vendor windows and trade windows also.

This is actually the second time it's happened to me, and I'm pretty sure MoveAnything caused it the first time. This time, I'm not sure what it is -- I removed MoveAnything. I had Simple Mini Map, but that's been removed also. Both of those addons were removed before these characters were created.

I thought I had it isolated to the map bar in Bongos2. If I disable that component of Bongos2, the windows work fine. But then I noticed that I had the map bar enabled on an older character and the windows are fine.
05-29-07, 08:22 AM   #7
Fuuian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Same thing is happening with me, and I also have simpleminimap on the bottom half of the screen. When the servers come back up I'll move it up top and reloadui and see if it works. Thanks though, this has been killing me too.
05-29-07, 09:17 AM   #8
mcmilk
A Fallenroot Satyr
That is the Same problem I had. Took forever to track it down to Simmple Minimap. I moved over to RicoMinimap until someone can Fix the problem.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...coMiniMap.html

Pretty close to the same thing (No whopinged).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Character and profession frames stacking