06-11-07, 01:10 AM   #1
Omega_Zero81
A Murloc Raider

Question X-perl Unitframes Mess up

I did everything it says to do extract, copy folder, etc. but it still hasnt worked for me. The pictures thats it shows you (Right and Wrong) there was these folder called MyModsA and MyModsB and I noticed that there were files allready in there so my question is, How do i get MyModsA and MyModsB for my X-perl Unitframes to work?

Last edited by Omega_Zero81 : 06-11-07 at 01:37 AM.
06-11-07, 08:37 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
1. Download your mod of choice to your desktop. Let's use X-Perl as our example.
2. Right-click on the .zip file and select "extract to here" (it may be directly in that menu or in a submenu, depending on the software you use for zip files)
3. You should now have a bunch of X-Perl folders on your desktop for each module
4. Navigate to your AddOns folder (usually C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns)
5. Note that there are already folders here called Blizzard_AuctionUI, etc.
6. Go back to your desktop and highlight all of your X-Perl folders
7. Drag these folders from your desktop into your AddOns folder (do NOT put them into another folder)

Done.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-11-07, 02:25 PM   #3
Omega_Zero81
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Seerah
1. Download your mod of choice to your desktop. Let's use X-Perl as our example.
2. Right-click on the .zip file and select "extract to here" (it may be directly in that menu or in a submenu, depending on the software you use for zip files)
3. You should now have a bunch of X-Perl folders on your desktop for each module
4. Navigate to your AddOns folder (usually C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns)
7. Drag these folders from your desktop into your AddOns folder (do NOT put them into another folder)

Done.
I did that allready but the addons button didnt appear on WoW.
06-11-07, 03:07 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then you didn't do it right
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-11-07, 03:09 PM   #5
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
judging by your first post your addons are being installed to the wrong place.

They should be in c/program files/world of warcraft/addons/xperl/lua and toc files

and NOT c/program files/world of warcraft/addons/my mods A/xperl/lua and toc files, or c/program files/world of warcraft/addons/xperl/xperl/lua and toc files.

Blizzard is very strict in where it picks its addons up from due to 3rd party programs etc, if they are not in the proper folder, blizzard will simply fail to recognise them, resulting in the problem you have.

Check your installation paths of the addons
06-12-07, 03:07 PM   #6
Omega_Zero81
A Murloc Raider

Question

Originally Posted by Debz
judging by your first post your addons are being installed to the wrong place.

They should be in c/program files/world of warcraft/addons/xperl/lua and toc files

and NOT c/program files/world of warcraft/addons/my mods A/xperl/lua and toc files, or c/program files/world of warcraft/addons/xperl/xperl/lua and toc files.

Blizzard is very strict in where it picks its addons up from due to 3rd party programs etc, if they are not in the proper folder, blizzard will simply fail to recognise them, resulting in the problem you have.

Check your installation paths of the addons
Is the lua and toc files part of X-perl?
06-12-07, 03:09 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
yes. they should already be in the folders they need to be in if you follow my directions.

06-13-07, 07:36 PM   #8
Omega_Zero81
A Murloc Raider

Question

yes. they should already be in the folders they need to be in if you follow my directions.
lol srry could you explain what im supposed to do with the lua and toc files? I extracted x-perl and the folder i got from it i put in the addons folder. Do i get the toc and lua from x-perl and stick it in there and thats it?
06-14-07, 11:02 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured

Done.
Don't touch the lua and toc files. Follow these instructions to the letter and you'll be golden.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » X-perl Unitframes Mess up