06-11-07, 02:26 AM   #1
Raptorz
A Black Drake

Best UnitFrames?

What is the best UnitFrames mod? I mean whats your opinion? Im looking for good and lightweight UnitFrames for myself now, so give your opinion of best unitframes! Thanks!
06-11-07, 03:06 AM   #2
lingering
A Cliff Giant

AG_UnitFrames i have found to be great, its lightweight, simple, clean, works with FUBar and supports Focus.
06-11-07, 03:29 AM   #3
aastarius
An Aku'mai Servant

Another alternative is Pitbull.

Can be as "heavy" or "light" as you want simply depending on which modules you activate.
06-11-07, 05:53 AM   #4
Balsta
Xperl will always be my choice. Highly customizable. Has its own Raid frames including buff and debuff warnings main tank info raid mana watch and a whole lot more. I run alot of mods mostly ace2 and I have a starting memory usage of 33 megs.
06-11-07, 07:00 AM   #5
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have moved from agUF to PitBull myself. As aastarius said, it can be as heavy or light as you want it since many of its options are module based. I also find it easier to setup than agUF and XPerl (used Xperl when I first started playing WoW). The real nice thing about PitBull is you do not have to be in a party or raid to adjust those frames since it has a configuration mode that allows you to move all the frames around and see how it will look. Very nice, something I wish agUF would have implemented.

One argument about PitBull I see if lack of layouts. I there are 5 or 6 UF layouts that come with PitBull, and they all suit me well. agUF has a lot more layouts including layouts you can download, but I am more of a functional person than eyecandy, so that part depends on you. But you still get all the different bar backgrounds and what-not.

Obviously I am pro PitBull.
06-11-07, 03:21 PM   #6
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I used to use xperl, currently using pitbull, its got my vote

And as for the lack of layouts, you can download shared media i believe for more (i use the steel one, nice effect)
06-11-07, 03:27 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sage unit Frames - awesome, more resource light unit frames I've ever used.
Discord Unit Frames + Discord Library - They can be a little resource heavy, and may take a while to configure, but it's worth it.
AG_unit frames - Simple yet very good unit frames that have multiple layout (and AGUF_Layouts for more layouts)
Pitbull - Another Aced unit frames, pretty nice
X-Perl - I think these are starting to die out like titan panel, but they are good unit frames.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

Last edited by Dreadlorde : 06-11-07 at 03:30 PM.
06-11-07, 03:34 PM   #8
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Ironically, X-perl uf is a continuation of perl classic UF, and nymbia's perl uf, whiles nymbia is now working on pitbull too

PitBull is just awesome, ckknight and everybody else put a lot of effort in this little trinket, just like fubar and cartographer. It is not just "another unitframe", as it can do everything ag_unitframes can and can not do.

Last edited by ravagernl : 06-11-07 at 03:37 PM.
06-11-07, 03:50 PM   #9
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The best two that I have tried by far are Discord Unit Frames and PitBull.
DUF is the best if you want your unit frames to be able to do almost ANYTHING you can think up within the limitations of what a unit frame is actually capable of.
PitBull is to unit frames what Cartographer is to map mods and FuBar is to... umm... Titan Pannel and InfoBar (what ever happened to Tello, anyhow?) I love any mod that is inherently modular and lets me chuck out features I don't need and sets themselves up to... umm... lost my train of thought. Anyhow, both are really neat, although DUF hasn't been updated for awhile, so there is a chance that some future patch may break it before it gets updated again. Last time I checked, though, It's still chugging away and working fine in Mazzle UI.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Best UnitFrames?