07-18-10, 09:13 PM   #1
docmarc1
A Murloc Raider
Mac Newbie...Carvbonite Prob

Hi..I am a long time Carbonite user who just switched to a Mac..I downloaded the addon but while it shows as enabled in the game....No buttons appear and it doesnt seem to be installed. Its in the right directory and when I look under addons in the sign in screen of wow its there and checked.....what the heck a I doing wrong?? Is there a better addon module for Mac users??/

07-18-10, 11:50 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Are you sure you have the latest version of Carbonite? If not, you might be halted by WoW not wanting to load old addons (though this can be circumvented by checking "load out-of-date addons" on the addon list).

If you type "/carb options" in the game, what happens? "/carb resetwin"?

07-19-10, 06:26 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Being on a Mac makes no difference — there's no special "mac version" of addons, nor anything special you need to do.

If the addon shows in the listing, and is checked, as you say, then it should show up in game unless, as Jigain suggests, you have an old version and "load outdated addons" is not checked on the addons screen (before you actually log in the to game).

When you first log in to the game, you should see a box with the Carbonite name and version (and other info) which will quickly shrink and disappear towards the upper right of the screeen. Also, there should be a note in the chat telling you that carb loaded.

07-20-10, 05:34 PM   #4
docmarc1
A Murloc Raider
total fail

I must be a complete fool.....I reinstalled as per directions into the addon file just like i did with my old PC,,,followed the directions in the readme...after I am done the 3 carbonite addon files show in the game addon list and are checked..i even checked "enable outdated addons" even though carbonite doesnt show as out dated..STILL there is no carbonite buttons and when I type /carbon options..nothing happens.....Are you SURE that the newest Mac OS works with this addon and current WOW version???

07-20-10, 06:04 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by docmarc1 View Post
when I type /carbon options..nothing happens....
The command you want is "/carb options" minus the quotes of course

.Are you SURE that the newest Mac OS works with this addon and current WOW version???
Addons are 100% dependent on WoW itself and 0% dependent on your choice of OS.

If you are still having issues, would you mind posting the paths to Carbonite.toc, CarboniteNodes.toc, and also CarboniteTransfer.toc please?

07-21-10, 09:03 AM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I'm using the latest Mac OS, and carb works fine for me. So yes, I'm sure carbonite works with the later version of Mac OS.

07-21-10, 09:01 PM   #7
docmarc1
A Murloc Raider
locations

so, TomTom works, Equip compare works..i added them all the same way,,,,
carbonite transfer is at Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

carbonite nodes is at Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

and carbonite items is at Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

07-21-10, 09:17 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by docmarc1 View Post
carbonite transfer is at Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

carbonite nodes is at Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

and carbonite items is at Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

All of those files should be in separate folders within the Interface/Addons main folder. For example:

WorldofWarcraft/Interface/Addons/Carbonite/Carbonite.toc
WorldofWarcraft/Interface/Addons/CarboniteNodes/CarboniteNodes.toc
WorldofWarcraft/Interface/Addons/CarboniteTransfer/CarboniteTransfer.toc

If they are not setup in this manner, then they will not work properly.

This may or may not be related, but I have seen posts from other Mac user having difficulties due to a setting in the Zip program that is built in. The gist from memory is that the built in program unzips the entirety of the zip folder into one directory. So all these folders that need to be separate end up lumped together.

07-21-10, 09:30 PM   #9
docmarc1
A Murloc Raider
If I open those 3 files inside each one is 2 files label node.lua and nodes.toc, etc etc...example route /Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns is where carbontie transfer.toc is....

07-21-10, 11:58 PM   #10
EvilEns
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I too am on the latest OSX - DO NOT use the normal archive utility to unzip your files. It has a habit of putting them all in a sub directory, or even worse it detecs (unless you have app handlers specified ) LUA and TOC files as UNIX executable and sometimes appends them with some weird data messing them up (it has something to do with the .DSstore hidden directory info for finder).

The best archive tool I have found is called Zipeg http://zipeg.com/

And best of all it is freeware. i have not found a compressed file it can not open yet except for the new WinZip format of .zipx (which is proprietary to WinZip for right now).

You can also use a number of other third party apps to unzip things but I like the freeware and open source stuff

07-22-10, 02:15 AM   #11
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite/Carbonite.toc
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteNodes/CarboniteNodes.toc
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteTransfer/CarboniteTransfer.toc
Correct folder structure above.

World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite.toc
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteNodes.toc
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteTransfer.toc

Incorrect folder structure above.

World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3.340/Carbonite/Carbonite.toc
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3.340/CarboniteNodes/CarboniteNodes.toc
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3.340/CarboniteTransfer/CarboniteTransfer.toc

Incorrect folder structure above.

Hope that helps clear up where the files should be in regards to the AddOns folder.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Mac Newbie...Carvbonite Prob