04-25-09, 04:24 PM   #1
Ne0nguy
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WoWI site suggestions

Site suggestions that may be useful:
* Show the number of favorites for each addon on the author's list page
* Display the current patch version and addon version in each comment on an addons page
04-26-09, 08:02 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
* Display the current patch version and addon version in each comment on an addons page
Not 100% sure I understand what you mean. You'd like it when some one posts a comment for it to include the version number and current toc at the time the person posted?
04-26-09, 08:14 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What if the person posting the comment is using a different version than what the site has to offer as latest?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-27-09, 10:07 AM   #4
Ne0nguy
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Not 100% sure I understand what you mean. You'd like it when some one posts a comment for it to include the version number and current toc at the time the person posted?
Yes, usually when users have an issue they will come to the site and make a post saying, "Ive updated to the latest version, but I'm still having this problem."
It would be kinda helpful to see that info in their post for troubleshooting and general reference.

Just a suggestion though :P
04-28-09, 12:50 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

I don't think that would be helpful at all, since many times the problem the person is posting about is caused by the fact that they have an old version of the addon and didn't bother to check for updates before firing off a vague "it dun werk fix plz" post.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » WoWI site suggestions