12-30-14, 09:42 AM   #1
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
FlightMasters.lua questions

1) What's up with the Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge and The Compost Heap, Gorgrond that ware recently reported by the FR translator?
Code:
L["Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge"] = "Passage du Tonnerre, Cr\195\170te de Givrefeu"  -- Tested Online doesn't exist ! please check and confirm ! data exist in others local files, Fly is in Gorgrond near the thunder pass
L["The Compost Heap, Gorgrond"] = "Le tas de Compost, Gorgrond"  -- This entry replace Thunder Pass in Frostfire Ridge tested Online, NPC Chucklespine, 41,2 87,2 check data in others local files please THX
2) Why are there 2x Exarch's Refuge, Talador lines? Since this is a translation file it shouldn't need more than one copy of each variable.
12-30-14, 03:10 PM   #2
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
1) What's up with the Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge and The Compost Heap, Gorgrond that ware recently reported by the FR translator?
Code:
L["Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge"] = "Passage du Tonnerre, Cr\195\170te de Givrefeu"  -- Tested Online doesn't exist ! please check and confirm ! data exist in others local files, Fly is in Gorgrond near the thunder pass
L["The Compost Heap, Gorgrond"] = "Le tas de Compost, Gorgrond"  -- This entry replace Thunder Pass in Frostfire Ridge tested Online, NPC Chucklespine, 41,2 87,2 check data in others local files please THX
2) Why are there 2x Exarch's Refuge, Talador lines? Since this is a translation file it shouldn't need more than one copy of each variable.
As far as I know, samyonair has already discussed this topic with powerstrk; I don't know how that worked out. Doubled translations are useless, but not problematic. We can clear them up later.
12-30-14, 03:34 PM   #3
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
As far as I know, samyonair has already discussed this topic with powerstrk; I don't know how that worked out. Doubled translations are useless, but not problematic. We can clear them up later.
I know there was some communication but since it wasn't public (or i can't find it) I'm asking here. I have a pull ready and want to know what to do about the changes in the FlightMasters.lua files before submitting it.
12-30-14, 03:55 PM   #4
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Sorry that i'm a bit late, the Discussion was on Github on a closed Pull Request, the Problem was that the Horde flightpoint for
Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge isn't shown as an alliance player he thought taht this flightmaster would be there The Compost Heap, Gorgrond, but this flightmaster is called in Region Evermorn Springs, Gorgrond by Blizzard just checked that with a Horde Char on my Brothers Account

And the dublicate is there because I've copied all new added Locations I've added to code into the flightmasters.lua files for locales to avoid codebreaking thrue misspelling and it gives to Positions with same name in Talador, one for Horde and one for alliance: Exarch's Refuge, Talador and because I copied all terms from Sourcefile they are doubled, think one can refmoved in locales files but not in main data file for flightmasters.

Greetings Samyonair

closed Pull request without Merge

Last edited by samyonair : 12-30-14 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added link to refered communication
12-30-14, 05:33 PM   #5
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Sorry that i'm a bit late, the Discussion was on Github on a closed Pull Request, the Problem was that the Horde flightpoint for
Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge isn't shown as an alliance player he thought taht this flightmaster would be there The Compost Heap, Gorgrond, but this flightmaster is called in Region Evermorn Springs, Gorgrond by Blizzard just checked that with a Horde Char on my Brothers Account

And the dublicate is there because I've copied all new added Locations I've added to code into the flightmasters.lua files for locales to avoid codebreaking thrue misspelling and it gives to Positions with same name in Talador, one for Horde and one for alliance: Exarch's Refuge, Talador and because I copied all terms from Sourcefile they are doubled, think one can refmoved in locales files but not in main data file for flightmasters.

Greetings Samyonair

closed Pull request without Merge
Not you're fault I total missed that one.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » FlightMasters.lua questions