Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Trading is restricted to capitals. More merchants and more customers
01-02-10, 09:44 AM   #3
zero-kill
A Firelord

True, the only way to see trade chat is within the capital city, unless of course you have another account on the same server - then you can feed from that like a mule.
01-02-10, 10:20 AM   #4
Hati-EK
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
True, the only way to see trade chat is within the capital city, unless of course you have another account on the same server - then you can feed from that like a mule.
well or you/someone could write something like RSS for WoW - so guildmates / friends in town could send them to the others using the addon - and so on if they are in town
01-02-10, 11:17 AM   #5
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You would most likely end up with a bunch of missed messages if using any feed setups. This would be easy to accomplish, but would be highly unreliable for consistency.
01-02-10, 12:23 PM   #6
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

And you still have to meet at a place when youve found your customer/merchant, and usually thats a capital
01-02-10, 01:40 PM   #7
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Only logical way I see doing it is by relaying the messages from another player who is in a capital city. It would just require having both a person in the city and yourself to have the addon installed.
01-02-10, 05:45 PM   #8
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...evertrade.aspx

Not sure if you can get your guildies to install it tho.
01-02-10, 05:49 PM   #9
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Anyone that decides to make a chat forwarding addon would need to consider communication traffic. If sending through a public addon channel as the guild, I'd advise putting in code that would make sure only one person is forwarding messages. Blizzard wouldn't take it too lightly if an addon is used by every member in a 500-person guild and there's 500 copies of every message in the selected chat channel being forwarded to the guild addon channel.
01-02-10, 08:02 PM   #10
Hati-EK
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Anyone that decides to make a chat forwarding addon would need to consider communication traffic. If sending through a public addon channel as the guild, I'd advise putting in code that would make sure only one person is forwarding messages. Blizzard wouldn't take it too lightly if an addon is used by every member in a 500-person guild and there's 500 copies of every message in the selected chat channel being forwarded to the guild addon channel.
somekind of ChatLeader (if i got you right) - so a queue of ppl using the addOn and currently in town -> first is seeder - he leaves town ... and so on

Last edited by Hati-EK : 01-02-10 at 08:03 PM. Reason: fixed typo
01-05-10, 11:41 AM   #11
Recluse
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Hati-EK View Post
somekind of ChatLeader (if i got you right) - so a queue of ppl using the addOn and currently in town -> first is seeder - he leaves town ... and so on
From the comments on the page for the Evertrade addon someone posted, they mentioned using a custom channel to pass the chat through (thus making it faction-wide trade, as opposed to just guild-based). Could it then be possible to squelch all traffic except a single user to prevent the broadcasting of additional messages?

The addon would check if they are the 'owner' of the custom channel, and voice/mute players based on who is or is not in a capital city with trade chat enabled.

Anyhow, while not something I would use, I do think the idea behind such an addon is a very interesting one!
01-05-10, 11:54 AM   #12
Sythalin
Curse staff

No. Just no. No. No. No. No.

People can keep their "ANAL <spell link>" spam in the capitols, along with all the "Murlock on a Plane" crap. Thanks.
01-05-10, 01:28 PM   #13
zero-kill
A Firelord

along with all the "Murlock on a Plane" crap. Thanks.
We'd be so lucky.
01-05-10, 03:25 PM   #14
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by recluse View Post
From the comments on the page for the Evertrade addon someone posted, they mentioned using a custom channel to pass the chat through (thus making it faction-wide trade, as opposed to just guild-based). Could it then be possible to squelch all traffic except a single user to prevent the broadcasting of additional messages?

The addon would check if they are the 'owner' of the custom channel, and voice/mute players based on who is or is not in a capital city with trade chat enabled.

Anyhow, while not something I would use, I do think the idea behind such an addon is a very interesting one!
Whether or not the chat is received by the destination player, the chat servers still need to process the messages coming in from players. The problem is, a lot of people neglect to take server loading into mind. When you get into broadcasting messages, you need to start thinking on a grand scale and try to cut out any redundant communication possible. Less spam makes Blizzard happy so they don't do bad things to us.
01-07-10, 04:41 PM   #15
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

back to this post, i see many replies... anyway being one of the most important thing in the game, trade channell should be visible no matter where u are, but ok just to see it without the option to write there. Most of us stay in cities waiting long time something instead to play
01-08-10, 12:16 PM   #16
Vilkku
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
back to this post, i see many replies... anyway being one of the most important thing in the game, trade channell should be visible no matter where u are, but ok just to see it without the option to write there. Most of us stay in cities waiting long time something instead to play
Imagine having the trade channel in instances? Ugh.
01-08-10, 03:07 PM   #17
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Vilkku View Post
Imagine having the trade channel in instances? Ugh.
Seeing how people are so easily distracted by trade i would hate to see it available everywhere. I personally haven't had the channel enabled in over 2 years and i definitely don't miss it lol.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-14-11, 03:54 AM   #18
b3vad
A Fallenroot Satyr
It's just business babe!

As a goblin I want to know who sells what! so I will pay some gold ehm silver ehm cooper if I have to!
I don't think it be too hard to make with lots of goblins around.
11-14-11, 05:22 AM   #19
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tradeforwarder

Others do have to have this addon installed to see trade everywhere though.
11-15-11, 06:20 AM   #20
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

The stuff I see in the trade channel makes me lose hope in the future of humanity. If I were to be exposed to that nonsense on a regular basis I would become deeply depressed. It's hard for me to understand why anyone would welcome being inundated with more of it.

Blizzard really needs to come up with a solution to ensure that the trade channel is only used for its intended purpose.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » addon to see always trade chat?..