08-08-09, 01:04 AM   #1
Jensai
A Defias Bandit
"Gold Dot" Node not showing

On my Carbonite map (which I have synced with my regular mini-map) I have it set to show the location of mining nodes but it doesn't show a gold dot on the node when I find one. Please Help

08-08-09, 01:53 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Make sure you are tracking minerals.

08-08-09, 02:03 AM   #3
Jensai
A Defias Bandit
I am, they show up on the tiny mini map in the top right hand corner of the Carbonite map but not on the actual map.

It works when I use the "M" map but not the small version.

Last edited by Jensai : 08-08-09 at 02:08 AM.

08-13-09, 03:47 PM   #4
Lothe
A Murloc Raider
Map icon display settings

There's a setting in the Map options page about displaying icons on top (and swapping with CTRL) that may fix it. (Sorry for vagueness, at work w/o WoW).

Good luck,
Lothe

08-15-09, 02:51 AM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jensai View Post
I am, they show up on the tiny mini map in the top right hand corner of the Carbonite map but not on the actual map.

It works when I use the "M" map but not the small version.
That is correct. The game minimap is the only graphic in the game that can show real live mining nodes. Addons cannot get that data. When the minimap cannot fit into the area around your player arrow in the Carb map, then it docks to a corner. When you maximized the map, it has room to draw it around your arrow, hence the dots you see. Zooming the map out some will give it room to draw, so it will not dock.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » "Gold Dot" Node not showing