11-14-12, 06:42 AM   #1
Chilaili
A Defias Bandit
Looking for an Addon that tracks total mana used throughout the fight

So, I have been looking all over to find anything that tracks how much mana a healer uses throughout a fight. Recount tracks total damage done, total damage taken, total mana gained, but it does not track e.g. how much rage used, how much energy used, how much mana used etc.

Why am I interested in this?

I am a Resto druid and I always try to push my limit as much as I can, but every healer has a limit to how much HPS/healing done they can push without going oom.

As an example, it's me Rdruid and a Monk healer on Garalon. He can easily sustain 80k healing and I'm lingering around 50-60k, and I'm pretty much oom all the time waiting for Innervate to come off cd. I'm stacking Spirit, not a single piece with no spirit on it, 1 spirit trinket and the other one the DMF trinket, but still, when/if I'd do 80k hps or his healing done, no, I just can't, I go oom within 1 minute.

So I've wondered, how much mana do I use in a 6-7 minute fight to do X amount of healing done/hps, and how much mana does the monk use in the same fight for X amount of healing done/hps. Cause I have the feeling that the monk's healing is alot more mana efficient, that he can heal alot more with his 300k mana than I do.

I'm really bad at explaining this. Let me set an example, those numbers are made up and do not represent reality:

6 minute fight - Monk 80k hps with 32 000 000 healing done - 800 000 mana used
6 minute fight - Druid 60k hps with 24 000 000 heaing done - 1 200 000 mana used

It's pretty much for me a way to find out whether I suck as a healer or whether it might have something to do with my class being a tad bit less efficient than e.g. the monk, so I don't have to hear from other ppl 'why don't you do 80k hps without going oom?', I'm trying to explain to them that I cannot, not at Garalon, not on 10man, ppl don't stand in my Effloressence, WG has a 10 sec cd, casting Rejuvenation on 10 ppl costs close to 100k mana, Nourish heals for nothing and Regrowth is too expensive to spam, and Tranq unfortuntaly has a 3 min cd. I'm feeling people are making me responsible for wiping.

Anyways, enough of that rant.

Is there an addon that shows how much mana got used or is there any way for me to find out without needing to look at WoL, counting each ability and adding up its mana cost etc etc?

Much appreciated.
11-14-12, 08:45 AM   #2
Canidomini
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
I don't have an answer for the mod, but are you entering the spirit realm on a rotation with the monk? That should help with some mana issues, which can also effect your HPS throughput.
11-14-12, 08:50 AM   #3
Chilaili
A Defias Bandit
There is no spirit realm on Garalon.
11-14-12, 09:08 AM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not aware of a mod like that, there were a few doing an 'estimated time to oom' calculation based on your rate of mana consumption but I don't think they're maintained.

Actually TimeToOom seems to have a 5.x compatible version.
Other (outdated) options include
OOMTimer
Mana Clock
ManaWatch
11-14-12, 11:06 AM   #5
Canidomini
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Chilaili View Post
There is no spirit realm on Garalon.
Too many Gara bosses...my bad.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for an Addon that tracks total mana used throughout the fight