06-09-05, 08:59 PM   #1
notphilip
A Murloc Raider
OK so I made a macro that either casts blessing of might or blessing of wisdom depending on the target class. However, I've got two problems. When I cast it on cloth classes, it still does blessing of might. Also in order for me to cast this, I must untarget, then click on the macro button, and then I have to click on the target player. How do I fix these problems?

Here is what i have so far
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Priest) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Wisdom (Rank3)")end
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Mage) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Wisdom (Rank 3)")end
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Warlock) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Wisdom (Rank 3)")end
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Warrior) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Might(Rank 5)")end
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Rogue) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Might(Rank 5)")end
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Hunter) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Might(Rank 5)")end
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Druid) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Wisdom(Rank 3)")end
/script if(UnitClass("target")==Paladin) then CastSpellByName("Blessing of Might(Rank 5)")end

I'm very well aware that the code is very messy but I'm new to the wow code and I have no idea what operators this language uses for "and" or "or". It took me a little bit to figure out that I had to use double equals for the comparison operator :P. Please help.

Last edited by notphilip : 06-10-05 at 04:56 AM. Reason: nevermind
06-11-05, 11:02 PM   #2
notphilip
A Murloc Raider
bump. Please I really need help
06-11-05, 11:43 PM   #3
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the way i solve complex macros is i throw them in an lua file and load that as an addon, I call my local addon MacroLib. So the first question to you use do you want to stick to programming that macro in the MacroUI or do you want to create a macro library addon to refrence your macro functions from?
06-11-05, 11:50 PM   #4
notphilip
A Murloc Raider
I think I'd like to make an addon. Is this addon language difficult? I have pretty good knowledge of C++ and know the basics of object oriented programming.
06-12-05, 12:18 AM   #5
Gello
A Molten Giant
This may work as a macro:

/script local w,s,m,b="Wisdom(Rank 3)","Salvation(Rank 1)","Might(Rank 5)",{Priest=s,Mage=w,Warlock=w,Warrior=m,Rogue=m,Hunter=m,Druid=w,Paladin=m} if UnitExists("target") then CastSpellByName("Blessing of "..b[UnitClass("target")]) end

I added Salvation for priests. But if you have a warrior tank or the priest really wants wisdom instead, change Priest=s to Priest=w.
06-12-05, 12:27 AM   #6
notphilip
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gello
This may work as a macro:

/script local w,s,m,b="Wisdom(Rank 3)","Salvation(Rank 1)","Might(Rank 5)",{Priest=s,Mage=w,Warlock=w,Warrior=m,Rogue=m,Hunter=m,Druid=w,Paladin=m} if UnitExists("target") then CastSpellByName("Blessing of "..b[UnitClass("target")]) end

I added Salvation for priests. But if you have a warrior tank or the priest really wants wisdom instead, change Priest=s to Priest=w.
thanks. for some reason, nothing happens when i click on it.
06-12-05, 01:03 AM   #7
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

I helped him work out a script using an addon:

Code:
function Blessing() 
	if not UnitAffectingCombat("Player") and not UnitExists("Target") then
		TargetNearestFriend();
		if ( UnitClass("target") == "Priest" ) or ( UnitClass("target")== "Mage" ) or  ( UnitClass("target") == "Warlock" ) or  ( UnitClass("target") == "Druid" ) then  
          			 CastSpellByName("Blessing of Wisdom (Rank3)");  
     		 elseif ( UnitClass("target") == "Rogue" ) or  ( UnitClass("target")== "Hunter" ) or  ( UnitClass("target")== "Paladin" ) or ( UnitClass("target") == "Warrior" ) then 
          			 CastSpellByName("Blessing of Might(Rank 5)");
		end
	elseif UnitInParty("Player") then
		TargetUnit("Party1");
		if ( UnitClass("target") == "Priest" ) or ( UnitClass("target")== "Mage" ) or  ( UnitClass("target") == "Warlock" ) or  ( UnitClass("target") == "Druid" ) then  
      		elseif ( UnitClass("target") == "Rogue" ) or  ( UnitClass("target")== "Hunter" ) or  ( UnitClass("target")== "Paladin" ) or ( UnitClass("target") == "Warrior" ) then 
		end
		TargetUnit("Party2");
		end
		TargetUnit("Party3");
		end
		TargetUnit("Party4");
		end
	else		
		end
      end
      TargetLastEnemy();	 
 end

Last edited by Inokis : 06-12-05 at 01:35 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Help with Class Specific buff macro