A Kobold Labourer
Cant Get Carbonite to Install

Well i found my directory. I extracted
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteLicenseAgreement.doc
CarboniteReadMe.doc

Into the Addon place. This was done while WoW was closed. After putting these files in (nothing old was there) i started WoW and Carbonite wont work. Is there something I am missing?

This is the one I am using to extract from Carbonite-3.001.

Thnx.

04-15-09, 05:42 PM   #2
PDX-Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by smolo82 View Post
Well i found my directory. I extracted
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteLicenseAgreement.doc
CarboniteReadMe.doc

Into the Addon place. This was done while WoW was closed. After putting these files in (nothing old was there) i started WoW and Carbonite wont work. Is there something I am missing?

This is the one I am using to extract from Carbonite-3.001.

Thnx.

First make sure you don't have two ../addons directories... and that the carbonite directories are in the same addons folder as the Blizzard_*.* directories... (I've seen this a few times...two addon directories..and addons are going to the wrong one...)

Next, did you enable the carbonite addons from the character selection screen? This is the screen that comes up right after you enter your account password and hit enter. The addons button is in the lowere left hand corner...

Until the authors update and release a newer version (newer than 3.001) you will have to check the "Load out of date AddOns" box at the top of the AddOn List... and also check the Carbonite 3.001, Carbonite Nodes, and Carbonite Transfer boxes...

04-15-09, 06:16 PM   #3
KurtS
A Murloc Raider
I've got the same problem. It's in the proper directory, I deleted the old version first before installing 3.001, made sure there are checkmarks next to to Carbonite pluggins(even though it says they are outdated),. I've done everything to the letter but it still won't work.

04-15-09, 06:47 PM   #4
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

may be .... remove the .lua in your savedvariable folder (copy it to another folder to keep it if you want and then clear your savedvariable folder clean of any carbonite.lua

04-15-09, 07:14 PM   #5
KurtS
A Murloc Raider
Unfortunately that didn't work.

04-15-09, 07:21 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by KurtS View Post
made sure there are checkmarks next to to Carbonite pluggins(even though it says they are outdated),. I've done everything to the letter but it still won't work.
Did you make sure on the addon screen to check off "load out of date" ? Usually you don't see that they are out of date unless that box is not checked.

04-15-09, 07:42 PM   #7
KurtS
A Murloc Raider
Doh! That did the trick. Thank you Vis.

04-15-09, 10:23 PM   #8
Bëowülf
A Kobold Labourer
i gave a donation and was not able to dl carbonite.. how the hell does that work!?

04-20-09, 10:36 PM   #9
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
can't get Carbonite to install

I have read through many of the posts of people not being able to load the updated Carbonite, since the latest WOW patch. I ahve now spent a few hours trying all the things noted in those posts and replies and simply cannot get it to load properly. I used it before prior to the new patch and loved it. I want it back. All files are where they are supposed to be, I am running XP. I deleted the 2 WOW folders containing some info as was mentioned, and still nothing. I get the different colored mini map button but when I click it nothing happens. I have 2 computers, 2 WOW accounts and same thing on both computers.
What's left to try?

04-20-09, 11:10 PM   #10
hostmaker
A Murloc Raider
it took me a few hours but I finally got it right

04-21-09, 11:36 AM   #11
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
hostmaker, what did you do to get it to work? Maybe I have overlooked something, but it's not apparent.

04-22-09, 04:19 AM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by johnjbily View Post
All files are where they are supposed to be, I am running XP. I deleted the 2 WOW folders containing some info as was mentioned, and still nothing. I get the different colored mini map button but when I click it nothing happens. I have 2 computers, 2 WOW accounts and same thing on both computers.
What's left to try?
It is probably in the wrong addons folder.

1 What path are you unzipping to?
2 What does the Target: box say in the properties of the shortcut you use to start Wow?
3 The button looks the same as the C icon used in my forum posts. What different colored minimap button?

04-22-09, 09:18 AM   #13
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
Everything appears to be installed per the instructions.

Game was installed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface"

Shortcut to launch Warcraft is "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe",
All addons are in
"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns".

All other addons that I use to have, including the previous Carbonite, were all working and in that folder.

The button I refer to is the mini map button. It changes colors when I have the 3 Carbonite folders highlighted (and the laod out of date addons checked as well), but it does nothing when clicked on. With the 3 Carbonite folders unclicked this button functions as the normal WOW mini map.

I downloaded Questhelper last night and it works. I want Carbonite though.

What can I be missing, and on 2 separate computers?

04-22-09, 10:04 AM   #14
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1 Exit the game
2 Delete the World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite folder
3 Run game and make sure Carbonite does no show in addons list

If it shows in list, then exit game and use the Windows file search and look in C: for Carbonite. Use advanced options to show hidden and system files, since the Virtual store can also have hidden copies of files. Any folders that show up, delete them. Run game again and make sure Carbonite is gone.

Now unzip the Carbonite 3.11 zip file.

Check that you have:

"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite"

Which contains:

Bindings.xml
Carbonite.lua
Carbonite.toc
Carbonite.xml
CarboniteLicenseAgreement.txt
CarboniteReadMe.txt
Localizations.lua
Gfx (a folder)
Snd (a folder)

Run game and check Carbonite minimap button tooltip, that it says 3.11.

04-22-09, 09:26 PM   #15
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
OK, I wiped out all previous Carbonite files & folders and downloaded the latest version. I placed all 3 folders into the ADDONS folder. Fired up the game, selected all 3 and I still get same results. The map button is definitely a different color but still does nothing when I click it. Typing "M" does not bring up the map either. Yesterday I wiped out both the WTF and WDB folders in hopes that all the various Carbonite files within those subfolders would go away, which they did. I only played one character to isolate the problem.
On my other computer I did not wipe out those folders, so what I get when I click the mini map button I do get a listing that shows the following in a small box:

Carbonite 3.11
carboniteaddon.com
left click toggle map
shift left click toggle watch list
etc
etc
etc

This is what is supposed to be there, right?

I deleted the WTF and WDB folders on the 2nd computer and now nothing happens when I click the map button. So not both computers are exactly the same.

No different results if I only check just the Carbonite 3.11 box or all 3.

Is something blocking Carbonite from working? About 10 or 12 days ago I installed Norton Internet Security on both computers. I do not think the Carbonite was working then because of the new wow patch. I doubt Norton has anything to do with it.

I am sort of out of ideas on this.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cant Get Carbonite to Install