01-15-15, 10:32 AM   #1
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Aura Tracking Nameplates CLEU

I'm attempting to track auras on nameplates. I'm scanning the combatlog for events related to debuffs being applied/falling off/refreshed etc. When the combat log finds an event, I can just set the startTime to GetTime(), however, I've noticed there's no expirationTime or any way to tell when these debuffs are going to fall off unless the nameplate is associated with an in-game unit such as 'target' or 'mouseover' and I scan over it with UnitAura.

Is there someway to get this information? Do I essentially just have to mouseover the nameplates constantly to update them so I can get expirationTimes via UnitAura?

Last edited by sirann : 01-15-15 at 10:38 AM.
01-15-15, 11:05 AM   #2
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The most likely way to go about doing it is scanning your auras on a unit when that units UNIT_AURA event occurs. While scanning the auras you simply add the spells to a table using their SpellID as an index and insert any information you cannot acquire during CLEU(such as Icon, DebuffType, and Duration). Of course this is all assuming one keeps track of the GUID of a unit when one hovers over a nameplate.

For an example of this you can check out JamPlates Accessories.
01-15-15, 11:16 AM   #3
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
And that's precisely what I'm doing currently, but for instance, if I want to keep deadly poison on several things using fan of knives, unless I mouseover or target that unit associated with the nameplate, I have no way of knowing if the DP got applied, refreshed, fell off, is closing to falling off etc. This was what I was either A, trying to get around, or B, accepting my fate.
01-15-15, 12:58 PM   #4
sticklord
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
There's events for refreshed, applied and broken. It can be some (many) seconds off but if you save the shortest duration you should be on the safe side. And I've done it so the aura icon does not go away until the the CLEU says so.
01-15-15, 01:10 PM   #5
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I guess secondarily, I could just have it check for focus, arena1-5 and boss1-5 in addition to target and mouseover to just straight up increase the odds that it's accurate. I'll try what you've suggested and see if I can get it to work more accurately.

All this would need is to be able to put GUID into UnitAura, or, have the cleu return expirationTime.
01-15-15, 04:06 PM   #6
sticklord
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Yeah thats actually what i do:
Lua Code:
  1. local function UpdateAurasByGuid(dstGUID, spellID, expire, count, srcGUID, duration, texture) -- Shit way
  2.     local _, instance = IsInInstance()
  3.     local buUnit = instance == "arena" and "arena" or "boss"
  5.     if dstGUID == UnitGUID("mouseover") then
  6.         return UpdateAuraByUnit("mouseover", dstGUID);
  7.     else
  8.         for i = 1, 5 do
  9.             if dstGUID == UnitGUID(buUnit..i) then
  10.                 return UpdateAuraByUnit(buUnit..i, dstGUID);
  11.             end
  12.         end
  13.     end
  14.     -- No match, lets try some more
  15.     local plate = ns.GetNameplateByGuid(dstGUID)
  16.     if not plate then return; end
  17.     -- We have the plate at least
  18.     UpdateAuraButton(plate, spellID, texture, count, duration, expire, true)
  19. end

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Aura Tracking Nameplates CLEU