09-28-09, 02:35 PM   #1
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Is there a way to display/track multiple achievements?

I get an error that says the log is full when i click the default wow achievement 'tracking' buttons. I use Carbonite's built-in quest tracker and its not showing me any achievement tracking that I can see.

is there a way to set the quest tracker to include one (ore more?) achievements that I wish to track?

09-28-09, 09:22 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Arcadian Del Sol View Post
I get an error that says the log is full when i click the default wow achievement 'tracking' buttons. I use Carbonite's built-in quest tracker and its not showing me any achievement tracking that I can see.

is there a way to set the quest tracker to include one (ore more?) achievements that I wish to track?
I don't think you can do that with Carbonite. Carbonite has a built-in QUEST tracker, not achievement tracker. I don't believe that achievements can be tracked with the default Blizzard QUEST tracker, either.

I know that if you go into the Blizzard Achievement pane, you can set it to "track" progress for a specific achievement, and it will show up as a text display on the right side of your screen under the Blizz minimap. It must be session specific, though, as I've always had to re-set it every time I shut WoW down and re-started again. I finally got tired of doing that and just don't worry about tracking achievements any more.

09-28-09, 10:46 PM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Arcadian Del Sol View Post

You possibly need to make the window a bigger. Unlock it and drag the right corner.

If any confusion please post a screenshot of the window and buttons you mean
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

09-28-09, 11:16 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I don't think you can do that with Carbonite. Carbonite has a built-in QUEST tracker, not achievement tracker. I don't believe that achievements can be tracked with the default Blizzard QUEST tracker, either.

I know that if you go into the Blizzard Achievement pane, you can set it to "track" progress for a specific achievement, and it will show up as a text display on the right side of your screen under the Blizz minimap. It must be session specific, though, as I've always had to re-set it every time I shut WoW down and re-started again. I finally got tired of doing that and just don't worry about tracking achievements any more.
Just fyi, the default UI does track achievements in the new quest tracker.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-29-09, 02:08 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Just fyi, the default UI does track achievements in the new quest tracker.
Thank you. I didn't know that. Could you, perhaps, explain how this works, as I could not get any achievements to show up in the default quest log. If you are talking about the text block that shows up on the right side of the screen if you choose to track an achievement from the "Achievement" pane, this is not new. You could track achievements the same way before 3.2. I know you could do this when I started WoW in late January or February of this year (2009), but I can't remember what version we were on at that time.

As stated earlier, though, every time I quit WoW, when I log back in I have to re-start the tracking of any achievements, since logging totally out seems to re-set it.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-29-09 at 06:02 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Is there a way to display/track multiple achievements?