12-08-09, 05:41 PM   #1
Amenity
Angry Post

Bitter, Barely-legible Diatribe Decrying Lack Of Server Availability
12-08-09, 07:24 PM   #2
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

But ... But ... my server is available so I no longer need to fuss...
12-10-09, 08:49 AM   #3
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
New LFG tool is Exceptionally Nifty.

5 min wait as a group of 2 dps LF tank, healer, and spare DPS. Fantastic.
12-10-09, 09:04 AM   #4
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
5 second wait as a pre-made group of tank and healer. No exaggeration, it's blazingly fast.
12-10-09, 06:50 PM   #5
Amenity
Originally Posted by shkm View Post
5 second wait as a pre-made group of tank and healer. No exaggeration, it's blazingly fast.
You speak the truth there. Last night the "Invalid Old Men" (or the "Grumpy Targets" if you prefer...it's the combined forces of the two micro-guilds <Invalid Target> and <Grumpy Old Men>) and I got together to bust out a few 5-mans. I was on my Paladin (Tank/DPS), Grumps' #1 Tiny was on his Druid (Tank/Heals), and my partner in crime Timbo came along (Rogue FTW).

Our other two usual people were...uhh...unavoidably detained elsewhere, so we decide to test out the new LFG system.

No joke...by the time Tiny's message of "I'm putting us in the queue" reached my ears through Ventrilo, it popped up.

I also wonder if it doesn't use your gear as a factor in what role to place you as if you're a hybrid class. The first one we did (Reg HoR), I was declared the Tank and Tiny was declared the Healer (which for both of us are our worst-geared specs). However, in group #2 it placed him as the Tank and me as the DPS, and declared a Shadow Priest (with a Disc off-spec) the healer. Now, his healing gear was not as good as his DPS gear, but it was better than Tiny's healing gear. Tiny's tanking gear beats the ever-lovin' crap outta mine (like, not even close...I'm in mostly reg and H ToC stuff, and he's in mostly ToC10/25 stuff). Then in group #3 it put me as the Tank and Tiny as the Healer, and one of the DPS it provided was a dual-specced Ele/Resto Shaman that only had some (relatively crappy) DPS gear.

Of course, it could have just all been dumb luck...but I think it bears some thinking about.
12-14-09, 03:24 PM   #6
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

Theoretically I think its supposed to take gear into consideration mixing better geared people with less geared people. Theoretically it should be relatively balanced. Unfortunately it can't take skill or personality into consideration lol. Oh well, those 2 things will forever be a problem that no one can fix lol.
12-14-09, 06:43 PM   #7
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am not much of a pugger... having enjoyed a fairly decent guild for over a year... until recently. And today... my friend asked if I wanted to do a random run.... I admit I was nervous. I have always had rotten luck in pugs cuz... well I am an old lady and I LIKE going slow. I take in a bag of popcorn and take my time lootting and getting my mana back up....

... our first tank ... stank. After the second wipe, he dropped group and left my toon in charge...

Then we got this warrior fella who ... well he was good. A tad impatient(although impatient really is not the RIGHT word), and rearing to run to mobs... he kept me on my toes as a healer, but all in all it was a good run. For a pug group... the LFD was ... nice. *smiles*

I even got 100 Stone Keeper shards today because of it.

... I just may have to try this random thing a bit more.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Angry Post