10-20-08, 11:58 AM   #1221
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by benabrown View Post
Doing the same for me.
[quote=Brillynt;105656]When zoning or shapeshifting with the 3.00.01 Blizzard bar 1 is appearing at the bottom of the screen[/QUOTE

This is not nUI, it is infact an error caused by Fubar, this was mentioned further up the page.

untill fubar is updated, all you can do is dissable fubar or reload the ui after each instance zone, hearth,and shapeshift. it may be annoying but it will get worked out in time.

10-20-08, 01:50 PM   #1222
Sodorfo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Make sure you have the latest version of Fubar (even if it is a bit buggy lol). If you still have problems see if it helps if you create a new bar, shift the plugins over to that one, then delete the old bar.
actually you gave me an idea and when i have fubar active, IF i drag the bar to right then the NUI section associated with it moves as well. for some reason the fubar does not take the entire width of my display and was shifted against the left side instead of centered.

10-20-08, 03:58 PM   #1223
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
mscott -- that's clearly a bug inside fubar... and actually, to be more specific, inside its ace library. Make sure you have the latest version of Dewdrop installed. I would also suggest posting this error message to the Fubar author. There's nothing I can do to fix it in nUI.

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
I think this is the error causing the Fubar to mess up the bottom bar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...erface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua line 242:
attempt to index global 'this' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
...erface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:242:
...erface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:239

----------------------------------------------------------------------

any idea how this might be fixed?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-20-08, 04:08 PM   #1224
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Hey Scott!!

People might wanna try Fubar 3, dunno if they have already...or if it will help

10-20-08, 04:13 PM   #1225
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It appears to be 3.53 that's causing the problem. /sigh

Originally Posted by fred View Post
Hey Scott!!

10-20-08, 04:21 PM   #1226
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by fred View Post
Hey Scott!!

I have used all versions of Fubar 3 to include 3.5, 3.52 and 3.53

I will see if i can find just version 3.0

ill post more here soon

Last edited by mscott998 : 10-20-08 at 04:34 PM.

10-20-08, 04:22 PM   #1227
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
mscott -- that's clearly a bug inside fubar... and actually, to be more specific, inside its ace library. Make sure you have the latest version of Dewdrop installed. I would also suggest posting this error message to the Fubar author. There's nothing I can do to fix it in nUI.

It has been posted on the fubar page at Curse.com, just awaiting the authors reply and fix :-)

10-20-08, 06:12 PM   #1228
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta 3 -- Alpha 3.00.02 closed test release has just been e-mailed...

This update still does not address the Omen3 integration as it took me much longer than I expected to sort out why the cooldowns weren’t working on the action buttons. That, however, I’m happy to say is fixed… including the annoying invalid spell slot error.

I’ll do another update tomorrow night, for sure, with the Omen3 integration along with whatever else I can get fixed in the few hours I have after work. That said, with tonight’s update, nUI Beta 3 should be getting very stable and nearing ready for public release.

One last point, for those of you who are experiencing the bug and do not already know about it, there is a serious bug in Fubar now that is causing the Bliz main bar to re-appear when you’re zoning… this is *not* an nUI bug and is related to something Fubar is doing. I am looking into whether or not I can code a work-around, but for now just be aware that this is Fubar causing the issue, not nUI. You can resolve it either by disabling Fubar or by using ‘/nui rl’ after you zone. If the integration of Omen3 doesn’t take too long tomorrow night, then I’ll try and code a solution into nUI to cope with whatever it is that Fubar is doing to mess up the Bliz main bar.

As with the last two releases... this is a WoW 3.0.2 compatible early alpha pre-release version of nUI and is *not* yet available for public download. This version is available only via direct e-mail to nUI's supporters.

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?! Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* When Fubar is installed and active, the Bliz mainbar reappears when the player
zones... note: this is a problem in Fubar, not nUI, but I am going to try and
code a fix for it if I can.

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat

* Omen3 is not yet integrated into the info panel

* Warlock metamorphasis spell conflicts with current pet bar

* Click-casting buttons 4 and 5 do not work on unit frames (possibly fixed now?)

* Ready check icons are not working in unit frames

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Some action buttons highlight as invalid/unavailable when they shouldn't... hunter's
feed pet button, rogue's distract, etc.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

To-Do List / Planned features

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* Add WotLK features (vehicle panels, etc.) prior to 11/13/08 release of WotLK

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 3.00.02 (Alpha)

* Fixed an invalid spell slot id in nUI_Button.lua

* Fixed cooldown counters on action buttons

* Added the PvP, LFG and Calendar frames to the list of movable Bliz UI frames

10-20-08, 06:49 PM   #1229
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I have an occasional problem with the console buttons. I have it set to hide and it never hides the Player/Target button (maybe that is by design but I would vote for it to go away if possible) but lately after mousing over the console at the top the char, spellbook buttons will stick around also. Here is a screen shot. Hopefully it is an easy fix for you.

10-20-08, 07:22 PM   #1230
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The HUD selector button does not get hidden because in the pre-3.0.2 WoW API, hiding or fading that button would hide or fade the HUD with it because of the way the secure frames mechanism works. I *think* the new secure frame API will let me get around that, but I haven't invested the time in it while I was working on getting Beta 3 stable. I will revisit it later this week.

The issue with the micro-menu, however, is a separate matter I'm going to have to look into. I'm wondering if it isn't similar to the Fubar problem with the main Bliz bar. I had forgotten someone else had mentioned this bug and I didn't put it in my bug list then (bad boy!) -- so I'll do that now to be sure I don't forget again.

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
I have an occasional problem with the console buttons. I have it set to hide and it never hides the Player/Target button (maybe that is by design but I would vote for it to go away if possible) but lately after mousing over the console at the top the char, spellbook buttons will stick around also. Here is a screen shot. Hopefully it is an easy fix for you.

10-20-08, 07:56 PM   #1231
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Rested XP

Just did a /nui rl to get rid of the Bliz bar, when I noticed that my rested xp went past the end of the bar, to nearly halfway underneath the players frame.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

Last edited by Tehryn : 10-20-08 at 08:03 PM.

10-20-08, 08:06 PM   #1232
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Just did a /nui rl to get rid of the Bliz bar, when I noticed that my rested xp went past the end of the bar, to nearly halfway underneath the players frame.

im pretty sure that is caused by the fubar bug

10-20-08, 08:59 PM   #1233
Tehryn

im pretty sure that is caused by the fubar bug
Thanks. Actually, as soon as I killed the next mob all that rested xp disappeared.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-20-08, 10:16 PM   #1234
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Well, Since Fubar is broken , is there a way to reintroduce the "/nui yofs" commands so that we can use one of the data broker compatible addons like Statsblock?

thanks alot much appreciated

Last edited by mscott998 : 10-20-08 at 10:18 PM.

10-21-08, 12:21 AM   #1235
Tehryn

Bliz Bugz?

Hehe, Swatter is catching bugs in Blizzard_AchievementUI.

Date: 2008-10-21 16:41:05
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...ns\Blizzard_AchievementUI\Blizzard_AchievementUI.lua line 522:
Usage: GetCategoryNumAchievements(categoryID)
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: GetCategoryNumAchievements()
...ns\Blizzard_AchievementUI\Blizzard_AchievementUI.lua:522: AchievementFrameComparison_UpdateFriendStatusBar()
...ns\Blizzard_AchievementUI\Blizzard_AchievementUI.lua:2072: AchievementFrameComparison_OnEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1

[0x81BEB11E]

10-21-08, 12:23 AM   #1236
Tehryn

Rested XP

The bug with the rested xp occurs also with Fubar turned off.

[0x81BEB11E]

10-21-08, 01:45 AM   #1237
Firestarzas
A Murloc Raider
I urge everyone to drop Spiel a donation, Time is money and i know he put in alot of time and is well deserving.
I just did. I cannot wait for tonight's email

I have a raid on tomorrow night, and my UI is a mess, so I'm hoping to just get something up and running by then to at least not be useless in the raid

Thanks for your effort so far, Scott!

10-21-08, 05:35 AM   #1238
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yes... this is very off topic... but...

Meet Alana Peyton Shirley Piel... my second Grandchild and first Granddaughter... born October 16th

The name Alana was chosen more or less at random, Peyton was a name her parents liked from the show One Tree Hill and Shirley was chosen in honor of Shirley Marchant, my (no ex I suppose) Mother-in-law who we all adored and unfortunately recently lost to cancer.

The first photo demonstrates that Alana has been fortunate enough to inherit her Mother's good looks. The second photo demonstrates she's inherited my outlook on life

Off to work... I'll see you all this evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1108.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	1992  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1093.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	1993  

10-21-08, 05:41 AM   #1239
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What a precious gift... congrats to you and yours!

10-21-08, 06:00 AM   #1240
Tehryn

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Meet Alana Peyton Shirley Piel... my second Grandchild and first Granddaughter... born October 16th

The name Alana was chosen more or less at random, Peyton was a name her parents liked from the show One Tree Hill and Shirley was chosen in honor of Shirley Marchant, my (no ex I suppose) Mother-in-law who we all adored and unfortunately recently lost to cancer.

The first photo demonstrates that Alana has been fortunate enough to inherit her Mother's good looks. The second photo demonstrates she's inherited my outlook on life

Off to work... I'll see you all this evening.
Grats to all ! As for the comment with the 2nd photo: yes, you can't start that early enough lol!

[0x81BEB11E]

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement