07-10-13, 04:23 PM   #1
Mrs.Martin
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy can't get carbonite to work at all

I am using version 5.1.6 and i cant get the add on to work at all. when i go to addons it keeps telling me that carbonite 5.1.6 is out of date and that i need to get the newest version. I get my addons from curse client. So just to be safe i uninstalled carbonite and reinstalled it and it still says the same thing. i have also came here to this web site and tried to install it from here and it still tells the same thing. can someone please help me!!!! I love this addon and have used it for years, i have even donated money for the addon.

07-10-13, 06:28 PM   #2
wildrizzo88
A Defias Bandit
Enable out of date addons. Also current version is 5.3.0 Alpha 1 Revision 2 You can set curse client to alpha version as preferred release to get current updates.

Last edited by wildrizzo88 : 07-10-13 at 06:58 PM.

07-15-13, 02:19 PM   #3
papahbear
A Kobold Labourer
brand new install new computer

I have a brand new macbook pro retina 15 inch. Just installed warcraft and had installed elvui yesterday. Installed carbonite today and I'm getting the same out of date message. Since this is a brand new computer and a brand new install of warcraft and the addon, maybe its an issue with the mac version?

I'm woefully ignorant of how these things are coded so forgive me if thats really stupid, but its all I've got.

Could you be so kind as to point a woefully-ignorant-to-these-things user to instructions on how to do that enable thingy you mentioned above?

07-15-13, 06:19 PM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's the exactly the same install instructions as the windows version... As far as I can remember the file structure is the same with mac. (Its been a while since I used one)

Un-zip the contents of the downloaded file from the link above and place it in the /world of warcraft/interface/addons folder.

The game should then pick it up...
Although I'm not sure the alpha works with ELvUI

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » can't get carbonite to work at all