02-28-09, 06:38 PM   #1
Merial
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AuctionLite

Hey folks,

I've just uploaded the newly-released AuctionLite v1.0! This addon provides a clean and simple interface for buying items, selling items, and scanning the auction house.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ctionLite.html
  • Buying Items: AuctionLite will show all listings for a given item on a single page, and it'll let you buy out multiple listings at once.
  • Selling Items: AuctionLite will suggest a price based on your current competition, and it'll let you post multiple listings at once.
  • Scanning: AuctionLite can scan the entire auction house in just a few seconds, and it will keep track of historical prices for your items.
  • Tooltips: Auction, vendor, and disenchant prices are visible in each item's tooltip.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions!

Cheers,
Merial

Last edited by Merial : 03-24-09 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Version number now 1.0!
03-06-09, 02:31 PM   #2
Kyane
A Kobold Labourer
To preface this, I am a aunctioneer user and have been since shortly after I started playing over 3 yrs ago.

With that, I have a lot of historical data that I would like to preserve were I to move to AuctionLite. Are there any plans to support a data migration of sorts?

Thanks!
03-07-09, 03:21 AM   #3
Merial
A Murloc Raider

Hi Kyane,

I don't currently have any plans to import Auctioneer data, but I'll definitely consider it for a future version.

That said, it's actually pretty reasonable to start with a clean slate. After a couple scans, you'll generally have a pretty good set of data for everyday use.

In fact, since prices change so much over the course of a month or a year, the most recent data is by far the most valuable. AuctionLite's data points actually fade out with a half-life of about two weeks, so even if you did import all of your data, it would be supplanted by newer scans within a few weeks anyway.

Cheers,
Merial
03-07-09, 04:41 AM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
As an auctioneer developer, I am curious to know what types of historical data you are providing.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
03-10-09, 10:16 AM   #5
Lephturn
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Loving this add on, it's fabulous!

Love the super-fast scans. It's simple and easy. Auctioneer just took WAY too long to scan, and had so many bits I don't need.

Excellent add-on. Don't get sucked in to adding too many features if it slows this mod down. It's brilliant because it's so light and fast.

If you ever do historical, price charts would be wicked. I'm not sure you could do this without violating the addon's simplicity and speed, but that's about the only feature I wish for in an auction addon.
Lots of others...
03-11-09, 05:11 AM   #6
Opaque
A Fallenroot Satyr
Excellent job! Kudos!
03-11-09, 12:26 PM   #7
Merial
A Murloc Raider

Thanks everybody!

Shirik: AuctionLite tracks only a few things: number of items and number of listings per scan, number of scans where the item was seen, and the estimated market price. We don't store complete scan data--just one value per item for each of these statistics.
03-15-09, 07:25 PM   #8
Merial
A Murloc Raider

AuctionLite has been updated to version 0.8.

You can now cancel your own auctions in the "Buy" tab, and you can search for your own auctions (and your competition) using "Show My Auctions" in the "Advanced" menu.

Enjoy!
03-16-09, 03:01 AM   #9
sun
A Defias Bandit
suggestion

make an "AuctionLite - Auction" tab in which you'd list all your auction that are undercutted by someone else for easy management.

basically would do a Search on all your auction, check if you're undercutted and then show it in the window with a cancel auction button near each (the X icon maybe).
03-16-09, 03:07 AM   #10
sun
A Defias Bandit
oh ok, you just did something similar today

does the summary page auction list highlight in red or whatever if you are undercut ?
03-16-09, 10:44 PM   #11
Merial
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by sun View Post
oh ok, you just did something similar today

does the summary page auction list highlight in red or whatever if you are undercut ?
Nope, not yet, but it should.

Right now you have to click each individual auction to see what the status is. In a future version, I'll add some more obvious indication that you've been undercut.
03-20-09, 05:48 AM   #12
Merial
A Murloc Raider

AuctionLite has been updated to 0.9. It now shows disenchant values and uses shinier money icons in the tooltips. You also have some extra options for customizing the tooltip display.

Enjoy!
03-20-09, 11:09 AM   #13
Nakari
A Murloc Raider
I reallly like the ease of use and speed of the addon, though I encountered something annoying today when I was trading with a friend of the opposing faction through the neutral auction house.
We both exchange a bunch of horde/alliance-only vanity pets and cooking recipies for 1 copper to then sell them in our own auction houses. The problem: AuctionLite won't let me start auctions with a buyout price lower than the vendor price, even after fiddling with some of the settings for minimum profit and vendor price. I guess it's nice to be warned if you are selling something way too cheap, but you should at least be able to do it intentionally (and putting up ~100 pets manually just plain sucks ).
03-20-09, 06:55 PM   #14
Merial
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Nakari View Post
The problem: AuctionLite won't let me start auctions with a buyout price lower than the vendor price, even after fiddling with some of the settings for minimum profit and vendor price. I guess it's nice to be warned if you are selling something way too cheap, but you should at least be able to do it intentionally (and putting up ~100 pets manually just plain sucks ).
Interesting--I hadn't thought of that. I'll add an option to disable this check in a future version.

For the time being, you can work around this problem by filling out the form as usual and then typing:

/script AuctionLite:CreateAuctions()

That's what clicking the button would do anyway if it weren't disabled, and from a quick glance at the code, it looks like it should work just fine from that point onward.
03-24-09, 02:27 AM   #15
Merial
A Murloc Raider

Version 1.0 has just been uploaded! The highlights:
  • AL now supports GetSellValue and GetAuctionBuyout, so your other addons can use AL's data without any special support.
  • When you search for your own auctions, items where you've been undercut will be highlighted in red.
  • Fixed display bugs in tooltips and elsewhere.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Merial : 03-24-09 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Formatting
05-06-09, 05:30 PM   #16
hi2chriz
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Looks like a fantastic add-on Merial, however the only thing stopping me from taking the jump is that currently AuctionLite does not have the ability to filter results based on DE value's. currently the main use i have for auctioneer is to scan the AH then apply a filter to see what items i can buy to DE and resell for profit. Is there anything in the works for such a feature?
05-27-09, 04:56 PM   #17
xythian
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by hi2chriz View Post
Looks like a fantastic add-on Merial, however the only thing stopping me from taking the jump is that currently AuctionLite does not have the ability to filter results based on DE value's. currently the main use i have for auctioneer is to scan the AH then apply a filter to see what items i can buy to DE and resell for profit. Is there anything in the works for such a feature?
This is the one feature I would like to see copied over from Auctioneer. DEing undervalued greens is a steady, low-risk and moderate reward source of income that I think *many* auction addon users pursue.
06-29-09, 08:43 PM   #18
gumbus
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Stick with your guns

Merial,

I, too, have been an avid user of Auctioneer ever since I started playing the game (which was over three years ago). In spite of a few growing pains I've had with AuctionLite, so far I'm really quite happy with it.

My reason for posting this is to beg you not to listen to those who suggest that you add "Auctioneer"-type features... or pretty soon you'll have an Addon that's every bit as top-heavy as Auctioneer! For those of who like Auctioneer's features, I humbly suggest that you keep using it. For myself, I'm satisfied in having an Addon that can perform the basic buy-and-sell functions without taking a half an hour to scan the AH database.

Thanks for a great - and much awaited - alternative!

P.S. For those you of who've posted about Auctioneer's "DE" function - it doesn't have one! The DE function is provided by a seperately-downloadable Addon called "Enchantrix", available from Auctioneer's main site. I don't use it, but according to the Auctioneer site it should work perfectly well without the rest of the suite.

Last edited by gumbus : 06-29-09 at 08:46 PM.
01-07-10, 04:59 PM   #19
Intangir
A Kobold Labourer
2 feature requests (1 oddity)

the oddity ive noticed is:
when you do regular scans of certain items (like i do with favorites) sometimes there will be items that are for sale at WAY under the norm but it wont list that as the price on the buy items listing

for example say Abyss Crystals usually sell for 37 gold
and today several of them are for sale for 36
but 2 are for sale for 20g (this is an actual example)

obviously the 20g is a great deal, but when i do the listing by doing 'show my favorites'

it lists all my favorite items, including abyss cystals, and it shows market price for abyss crystals for today is 36g, historical is 37g

it doesnt indicicate that any are for sale for 20g unless i open the listing for that specific item

feature request 1:
is there a way you can indicate the dirt cheap price on the grouped listings?
like either highlight it somehow if theres a deal on it , or have another column for lowest price or replace market price with lowest price?

feature request 2:
can you set it up so theres a hotkey to go from the item specific buy listings back to the group items listings?

ive been having to go into each favorite item listing 1 by 1 to check if there are any super deals on my favorites and then back, then into another, then back, its alot of clicking all over, would be alot quicker with a key to go back so i can have my mouse in the right general area already

thanks, and this is a great addon i really enjoy it
02-02-10, 07:10 AM   #20
Joschasa
A Kobold Labourer
I really love to buy from the auction house with this addon. It just simple and i can withdraw multiple items at once. But to search the ah, i need to type in the name. Would be nice, to browse through the categories (like the "normal" ah), but with the "autcionlite-view" (the same items are combined).
(For example to easily browse through all the glyphes for an alt, just because i dont know the glyphs or something)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » AuctionLite