01-07-06, 05:10 PM   #1
Brasta
A Kobold Labourer
Site for UI's Using Discord?

Is there a site where I can download pre-setup intefaces that were created with Discord? I have seen some really nice UI's out there.

Thanks, Brasta

01-07-06, 07:36 PM   #2
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Yes and no. Yes, there is such a site; No, because it's currently down. Loz is working on getting it to a new web host and it should be back up within a couple days.

The URL, when it's back up, will be: http://www.discordmods.com/

01-07-06, 08:05 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*bonks Loz over the head yet again*

He's been offered to just host everything here ...
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

01-07-06, 08:30 PM   #4
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
yeah im pretty tried of waiting tbh, ive been trying to get neeblers unit frames for days now, but to no avail because of discordmods.com being down as always

01-07-06, 09:09 PM   #5
thejunker
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Andeh
yeah im pretty tried of waiting tbh, ive been trying to get neeblers unit frames for days now, but to no avail because of discordmods.com being down as always
Perhaps you could spend endless hours writing a mod for no pay, and host it on a more reliable site :P

01-07-06, 09:13 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Andeh, that was rather inappropriate, don't you think? Perhaps you could phrase a bit more courteously?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

01-07-06, 09:19 PM   #7
coupas
A Murloc Raider

Feel free to stop waiting. Write your own. Time well spent. As always.

01-08-06, 01:31 AM   #8
Trying2Hard
A Murloc Raider
If your looking for sympathy, go elsewhere...
Loz has been a great addition to the WoW community and the fact that he actually takes his time to read other's posts shows his dedication. Loz keep up the great work!

01-08-06, 02:53 AM   #9
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

http://www.toctastic.net

This is the new home site of the Monkey Mods, and it also hosts a nice Discord setup crafted by Crash. The Charcoal 1.0 Discord UI isn't quite ready at this moment, because he had to wait for Loz to finish his updates of first. From reading his posts it seems that he's almost done. Hopefully it will be ready tomorrow, because I sure miss using it.

Here's a preview of the new version that he posted. As you can see, it's nicely compact, and great for those that like a minimalist setup.

01-08-06, 04:12 AM   #10
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I wasnt looking for sympathy or being innapropriate. I just think the length of time that his site has been down, without him finding an alternate host (i know hes been offered space here) is a bit silly. I like his mods alot and have a lot of respect for him and the time he puts into his mods, which is why im irritated at the length of time hes alowed his mods to be unavailable. (I know you can get them here, but not the custom layouts)

Please don't get at me as if I did something wrong, I think that if he wants to provide something for the community, he should be ready to support his users even when things like this happen.

As for making my own layout, I have done many times, but I prefere neeblers layout, which is obviously why im requesting it. Mainly because I want the 3DPortraits that come with it.

Sorry for the rant, but I take exception when people treat me like some kid, when they have no idea who I am. Little do you know im probably alot older than you.

Last edited by Andeh : 01-08-06 at 04:14 AM.

01-08-06, 04:29 AM   #11
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Keovar
theres not link anywhere on that site to download that layout.

01-08-06, 08:03 AM   #12
cylan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wink

spoilt brat comes to mind

01-08-06, 08:19 AM   #13
Crusty
A Murloc Raider
I wasnt looking for sympathy or being innapropriate. I just think the length of time that his site has been down, without him finding an alternate host (i know hes been offered space here) is a bit silly. I like his mods alot and have a lot of respect for him and the time he puts into his mods, which is why im irritated at the length of time hes alowed his mods to be unavailable. (I know you can get them here, but not the custom layouts)

Please don't get at me as if I did something wrong, I think that if he wants to provide something for the community, he should be ready to support his users even when things like this happen.

As for making my own layout, I have done many times, but I prefere neeblers layout, which is obviously why im requesting it. Mainly because I want the 3DPortraits that come with it.

Sorry for the rant, but I take exception when people treat me like some kid, when they have no idea who I am. Little do you know im probably alot older than you.
First I remember for a fact that this mod is a freely shared mod and the author can choose to discontinue support for it anytime he wants, People with attitudes like you baffles me youre using something for free, Loz has no obligation to provide nor cater to your whims maybe the guy already has alot of pressure on his shoulders keeping his MOD updated and answering questions left and right, the least you can do is show some appreciation.

Second if you want Neebler's Custom Layout maybe you should ask for it from Neebler himself Im sure a smart man like you can find his guild website and if your lucky enough get the files you need. If not feel free to keep on waiting or use another UI mod after all no one told you have to use Dischord.

Lastly dont act like a kid and you will be treated like an adult your first comment to be honest was quite childish.

01-08-06, 08:37 AM   #14
Roodler
A Kobold Labourer
theres already a UI based 100% on neebler's custom layout (not discord though lol)
>>>>>>http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1706 <<<<<<<<

Last edited by Roodler : 01-08-06 at 08:43 AM.

01-08-06, 08:54 AM   #15
zodden
A Defias Bandit
Andeh

Crash is hard at work to get his UI ready for primetime, and Keovar:

Nice idea to post the link here to Tocalastic. Crashs UI is simply amazing. Its minimalistic, looks great, works without bugs and has easy access to many buttons. Normally a druid has to have buttons all over the place, but not with his UI. He made a flat out amazing druid UI.

The next version will have custom layouts for each class. I cant wait for the final release myself. Loz+Crash=the best UI combination I have seen since launch

01-08-06, 09:19 AM   #16
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
im trying my damnedest to not continue this argument, I hate arguing, especially when its in someone elses thread.

All Ill say is that I know the mod is free, and I know its hard work for Loz to keep it up to date, Ive already said once that I apreciate the work he does. (maybe some people are blind and didnt read that) Yes I will try neeblers guild website, thanks for the suggestion. (was that so hard?)

01-08-06, 10:13 AM   #17
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
hehe, funny to see where things went in this thread.

All I can say, is while I can feel one's pain about the site being down all the time, I have seen work from Loz about remedying that; which is excellent. I was even going to offer to mirror downloads, myself, but I can see everything's working out now.

I think the issue is that you, Andeh, need to post an apology for your initial post instead of trying to back up your point even farther. And sorry, this isn't a real apology; Sorry for the rant, but I take exception when people treat me like some kid, when they have no idea who I am. Little do you know im probably alot older than you. You are treated the way you act, no different. On web forums, age means nothing; your words mean everything.

The community is just saying you have every right to be fustrated, just don't take it publicly. If you have a problem with Loz's site email him privately (or send him a PM) with a resolution. If you're unable to provide a resolution, then you really don't have a voice in the matter. I'm Sorry, that's just how it works in the web community.

Last edited by guice : 01-08-06 at 10:16 AM.

01-08-06, 10:14 AM   #18
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
theres not link anywhere on that site to download that layout.
It was stated in the initial post it wasn't released yet. Give it a few and you'll see it released. Maybe he'll even post in these forums when he does release it.

01-08-06, 10:51 AM   #19
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question No Offense Intended

I was just curious if there were strings attached for Loz to take you up on your offer to host his stuff here? Maybe that's why he won't do it.

If there are absolutely no strings attached and he can do what he wants (within the boundaries of the site) with his own space etc..., then why is he being so obstinate and not taking the offer???? It's free! Certainly hosting all the stuff he hosts must be expensive. I can't imagine anybody preferring that their creations be impossible for others to see/use instead of taking up an offer to display them for free.

Anyways, I'm sure Loz knows what he's doing, it's just baffling (and I can see how some people would get a little impatient. His site does seem to be down an awful lot).

*Arouin

01-08-06, 11:27 AM   #20
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I was just curious if there were strings attached for Loz to take you up on your offer to host his stuff here? Maybe that's why he won't do it.
That is no concern of ours. And quite frankly has zero relevance in the matter. It's Loz's choice to take it up or not. Unless you're his co-author, wife or *cough*boyfriend you have no say in the matter.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Site for UI's Using Discord?