12-02-08, 08:55 PM   #1
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

BloodyScreen

There was a cool AddOn, called BloodyScreen http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/4401/ , that would splash blood across your screen whenever you would crit in combat (it looked somewhat like Gears of War style blood). Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated for 3.0. I know nothing of coding, so I wouldn't know if it would be hard to update?
I think it is a pretty cool AddOn, one of the few that just make the game more fun, rather than crowding your screen with more numbers and stats. If anyone would be able to fix this for current WoW patches, or tell me how to, it would be really cool, as the old author has abandoned it completely (as far as I can tell).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, have a good night.
12-02-08, 10:09 PM   #2
Aanolann
A Defias Bandit

Really Cool

This would be really cool. I would really like to see it updated. I too have no coding skills. Hope someone picks it up.
12-03-08, 08:50 AM   #3
Lane
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried to use it in 3.0 anyway? If we knew what kind of errors it is generating maybe we could estimate what it would take to update it.
12-03-08, 02:30 PM   #4
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I tried loading it up, and playing with it with buggrabber enabled but it didn't pick up any errors. The textures just aren't showing up, like the event just isn't being registered or triggered. I'm not sure.

edit: It seems when i play with some of the options it does produce some errors. I'll see what i can do to copy em down.

Last edited by UprightMonkey : 12-03-08 at 02:33 PM.
12-03-08, 05:55 PM   #5
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
I assume that the addon doesn't register because of the changes in the combat log. The command(what ever you want to call it) has changed from blah blah blah crit to the new one that it is now.

Arlyn said
Saturday, November 01, 2008 5:48:47 AM (last month)

Until this addon is updated, I've exported the blood splatter images into Comix, and tweaked that to do roughly the same job as BloodyScreen did. It's not 100%, but it works.

Last edited by cloudwolf : 12-03-08 at 06:07 PM.
12-07-08, 01:11 PM   #6
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The mod was updated with the new combat log changes I believe, because it worked for that small patch before wotlk came out. It only stopped working after the after release. And I tried exporting the textures into comix as well, and the result is less then pleasing. In comix the textures aren't transparent so they have ugly white outlines that appear. The functionality isn't the same either. All in all it would absolutely wonderful if someone could at least take a quick peek at this mod and see if its even fixable.

Please, this mod really made my play experience A LOT more enjoyable. My screen seems bare without it.
12-08-08, 09:01 AM   #7
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

bump for great justice
12-08-08, 11:09 AM   #8
Alfuin
A Murloc Raider

BloodSplatter for Comix

I imported the images into into Comix, but I was not pleased either, so I made my own bloodsplatters, semi-transparent. I did some changes to the Comix code aswell, so it ONLY shows the blood, and plays cool crit sounds...

Edit: BloodSplatter is now out with a new version, located at http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...odyscreen.aspx - please, don't contact me anymore for the Comix hack.

Last edited by Alfuin : 12-29-08 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Don't PM me about this anymore!!
12-08-08, 12:54 PM   #9
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Alfuin View Post
I imported the images into into Comix, but I was not pleased either, so I made my own bloodsplatters, semi-transparent. I did some changes to the Comix code aswell, so it ONLY shows the blood, and plays cool crit sounds... If anyone want it, send me a private message here on WoWInterface, and I'll zip it up, and send it to the e-mail address you provide. Don't post requests here, please. This is NOT an official version of either Comix or BloodSplatter, but a hybrid.
Maybe you could ask the authors of those addons if it's ok for you to upload this modified version?
12-08-08, 03:17 PM   #10
sabot7726
A Murloc Raider
Think Cutup does this. Not sure, its been a couple weeks. Either Cutup or some feral druid mod does this though, I had to turn it off because I crit too much and it was distracting waiting for the blood to run off my screen
12-08-08, 04:33 PM   #11
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by sabot7726 View Post
Think Cutup does this. Not sure, its been a couple weeks. Either Cutup or some feral druid mod does this though, I had to turn it off because I crit too much and it was distracting waiting for the blood to run off my screen
I looked up Cutup, but thats only a rogue mod for displaying various cooldowns and making it easier to pick pocket. If there is a new mod that does what bloodyscreen did then I would be extremely happy to find out which one. I looked through every druid mod on curse.com but didn't see the mod in question.
12-08-08, 05:27 PM   #12
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

About a year ago I made a mod like this. But, it was truly gears of war. It reflected your life, in the center of your screen: as GoW did. Also, it would do blood splashes when you were crit. It was neat as hell, but I ended up losing it. I have sense thought about redoing it from scratch (as my skills have increased much since then), but have not gotten around to it. Maybe if there is enough of a demand for such a thing.
12-08-08, 06:08 PM   #13
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ive seen a recent mod, gear_hud ,that does the gears of war hud system with the icon in the middle, but it doesn't do blood splatters. What we really need is a mod that we can configure to show blood when we crit or when we are crit. and I do beleive this would be a very popular add-on.

Optional features could be show blood when your hp falls below a certain point, and for death knights, show blood when you corpse explode.

Last edited by UprightMonkey : 12-08-08 at 06:11 PM.
12-13-08, 12:23 AM   #14
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Bump for hope that someone picks this up.
12-15-08, 09:43 PM   #15
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

anyone else think this would be an awesome add-on?
12-16-08, 08:57 AM   #16
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Gore galore for my critting kills? What gamer wouldnt love this? *jumps on the wagon*
12-16-08, 09:05 AM   #17
Sawbonez
A Kobold Labourer
This probably wont help at all and Im very new to programming but I guess its worth a shot. Did you try updating the ##Interface ##### in the .toc file to ##Interface 30000?

The link you have to curse isnt working so I cant look at the files to see if the combat logs are updated and this is the only thing I can think of, usually if you click load out of date addons this is irrelevant but worth a shot...
12-16-08, 02:13 PM   #18
UprightMonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Sawbonez View Post
This probably wont help at all and Im very new to programming but I guess its worth a shot. Did you try updating the ##Interface ##### in the .toc file to ##Interface 30000?

The link you have to curse isnt working so I cant look at the files to see if the combat logs are updated and this is the only thing I can think of, usually if you click load out of date addons this is irrelevant but worth a shot...
The toc isn't the problem. I've tried loading out of date addons as well. I'm not sure why the mod has disappeared from all the ui sites but hopefully that means someone is picking it up and gonna re-upload a new version. One can only hope. Also I'm pretty sure it was updated for the new combat log. Cause it worked right before wotlk but after the combat log changes. Its just for some reason it stopped working after wrath. I'll try to see if I can get a copy of it again so if someone wants to take it up I can send them it.
12-16-08, 05:09 PM   #19
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Sawbonez View Post

The link you have to curse isn't working so I cant look at the files to see if the combat logs are updated and this is the only thing I can think of, usually if you click load out of date addons this is irrelevant but worth a shot...
The addon loaded fine. You could actually type /bs to get the options screen. It was also updated for the major Combat Log changes. But for some reason It stopped working.

I fiddled with it but could not get it to work.

I have a friend who might be able to fix it. If anyone has a copy left over from before it was removed from Curse (I deleted mine) I can see if my friend can fix it. PM me.
12-20-08, 11:15 PM   #20
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
This should now work.

Download HERE.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » BloodyScreen