10-16-09, 10:43 AM   #1
QuestorWI
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
If you go to the WoW key binding interface (press "Escape" and select "Key Binding") I believe there are options there for whether you are saving your bindings per character or not -- I'm not sure if there's an option for local or server side -- is that option turned on or off? What happens if you select the opposite setting?
I went and selected the "Character Specific" option and rebound my keys on each of my toons. When I switch between the toons the key binding is gone, so selecting this option did nothing to coirrect the problem. Each time I login I have to do /nui rl to get them back. I hope that this problem will be corrected before the next patch goes live.

10-16-09, 12:33 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I save my settings locally to my machine, and have never once lost my key binds or any of my other settings. My boyfriend doesn't and loses his key binds all the time (he uses nUI).. he's convinced it has something to do with the mounts because his key binds disappear every time he gets off a mount.

Blizz needs to fix this bug.

10-17-09, 05:54 PM   #3
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I copied the macro exactly as it was stated on the post and pasted it. I got no confirmation or anything, so it wasn't working for me.

As to the mod, I'd rather just do a quick /nui rl - as that carries the information to the NUI bars so I can work - I just have to remember that after I switch toons and before I enter PVP/Raids.

10-17-09, 07:12 PM   #4
sully3592
A Murloc Raider
/nui rl fixed the problem for me

10-18-09, 06:22 AM   #5
Alpha Dog
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Over the past 6 months I have had the same problem. I would log onto a toon & the keybindings were gone. A quick /nui rl would fix it & I might not loose the bindings again for a week or more so it was not a serious problem as it only happened upon logging in, but never during game play.

This past week has been different in that almost everytime I log into a toon I have no bindings & have to do a /nui rl. Also once I'm on a toon & playing I will loose the bindings with no apparent reason for loosing them. When I loose the bindings I cant even mouse click on a button to make it work, & all I can use is the movement keys on my keyboard.

Again /nui rl resets the bindings but when it happens during a fight I'm dead by the time the rl finishes (lol) & this can happen 2-3X per hour.

Last edited by Alpha Dog : 10-18-09 at 06:25 AM.

10-18-09, 08:59 AM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This is interesting.

If it matters any, I have never had this happen to me, but I do not store my key bindings server side. I store them locally only. I might suggest you give that option a go and see if it helps.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-18-09, 09:53 AM   #7
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
This past week has been different in that almost everytime I log into a toon I have no bindings & have to do a /nui rl. Also once I'm on a toon & playing I will loose the bindings with no apparent reason for loosing them. When I loose the bindings I cant even mouse click on a button to make it work, & all I can use is the movement keys on my keyboard.

Again /nui rl resets the bindings but when it happens during a fight I'm dead by the time the rl finishes (lol) & this can happen 2-3X per hour.
I can at least click (much much slower) the boxes to do my attacks... but I would hate to tank something by clicking like that. Also, if I remember right my bottom bars would always work (had them mapped to Ctrl+numberpad key; and Alt+Ctrl+numberpad key.)

Also, once I fix the problem on that toon it doesn't re-disappear for me.

10-18-09, 12:45 PM   #8
Alpha Dog
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

An update:
I have been using an addon called Spell Flash which was updated on Tues.

This problem started happening after I installed the updated addon. I've since rolled back to the older version & so far today no dissappering keybinds.

Anyone else using Spell Flash & having this problem?

Hope this helps

10-18-09, 05:56 AM   #9
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well now I dont feel so bad wiping our 25man heroic toc on icehowl yesterday wheew freaking all of a sudden im tanking icehowl I didnt notice for a few seconds then it was to late and melee dps pulled agro then wipeage because I couldnt do anything wich = wipeage!!!.
thanks alot blizzard for messing with something that wasnt broken sigh!!!!....

03-07-10, 11:42 AM   #10
Pyhäkostaja
A Kobold Labourer
keybinding messed up

im having this keybind reset/loss on my all toons also and it doesnt matter if i use character specific or account wide bindings they reset/lose bindings and usually it happens when im using vehicles/mounts with (vehicle) bar, after i jump out from vehicle/mount my bindings are gone for good. sometimes it happens also when i log in and bindings are gone.

hopefully you are able to find this bug or blizz (mess code) and you are able to fix it.

good work anyways with your UI addon, its a piece of art

03-07-10, 12:54 PM   #11
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I created a new tauren druid yesterday, and ran her to Silvermoon (that's all I did with her, save pick up a couple flight paths and greet some elders). Today when I logged in, I noticed that the keybinds weren't showing up. I ran a little test - key 3 is bound (blizz default) to "war stomp". So I hit key 3. STOMP!

So, per your request, Scott. I logged out, disabled all addons, and logged back in. The (default, I presumed, since I'd set no bindings in nUI at this point) keybinds showed up. Logged out, enabled nUI only, logged in. No binds. I also noticed that the "<ctrl-alt-rightclick> to set key binds" note did not appear in the tooltip. Hit <ctrl-alt-rightclick>, got the keybind window, bound slot 1 to key 1. Logged out, logged back in. All 3 binds now show up.

Changed the slot 1 bind to 4, just to see what would happen. Now after logging out and back in, "4" shows up on the button, and hitting 4 activates that ability. Hitting 1 (which is still the Blizz default) does nothing. Changing the bind back to 1, all the binds still show up, and 1 works for button 1 (4 no longer does anything).

I'm going to add a few addons to the list on this toon. I'll report back if that causes the keybind problem again.

03-07-10, 01:15 PM   #12
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I added the following, in the order noted:

Bug grabber/bugsack
Auctioneer and auc- modules, and stubby
BeanCounter
Arkinventory

The first three caused no problem. When I added ArkInventory (AI), the problem recurred. I checked the keybinds window - the nUI binds are not listed. Bound key 1 to nUI button 1, logged out, logged back in. The binds show up.

Logged out, disabled AI, logged back in. Bindings show up. Logged out, re-enabled AI, logged back in. Bindings still show up.

03-07-10, 01:32 PM   #13
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Interesting, I wonder why ArkInventory would cause a key bind conflict.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-07-10, 02:12 PM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
After AI, added

Auditor
Altoholic
BankStack
DataStore
Enchantrix
Postal
Informant
GemHelper
Enchantrix Barker

After I loaded GH, I went to the AH. Got a message while configuring auctioneer that Enchantrix wasn't loaded (although it seems to me it should have been) so I went out and added Barker to the list. When I logged back in, the keybinds were missing. Bound key 1 to button 1, logged out and back in, bindings are back.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out