10-23-10, 09:56 AM   #1
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Mining/Herb nodes not displayed on maps.

My Carbonite does display active active mining/herb nodes (flashing gold dots) but won't record/display node points once they are harvested. I've done the data import, checked the minimap 'show' boxes, arranged my display exactly how it looked prior to the WoW patch.

I am using Carbonite 4.---.12 released yesterday.

10-24-10, 11:56 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They won't show if map zoomed out far. Try zooming in more.

In the map Scale submenu is a "Gather Icons At Scale" slider that can change when they appear.

10-27-10, 08:22 PM   #3
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Carbonite version of minimap does not zoom in or out. I've never been bothered by this since I like how it is set, but the + and - boxes don't do anything when clicking on them. Again, everything looks exactly as it did before the patch...except Carbonite does not record and display harvested nodes.

'Gather Icons at Scale' does not change anything. There is still no indication of a history of discovered and mined nodes.

Please note that I am talking about the MINIMAP not the map you have to press 'M' to see and cover your screen...awfully inconvenient when you're harvesting ore/herbs. The nodes do display on the large map. I want to see them on the minimap like I could before the patch.

Last edited by Nisou : 10-27-10 at 08:29 PM.

11-06-10, 08:18 PM   #4
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Nodes STILL not showing!

I installed the latest version and not only will the mini-map not show mining/herb nodes, the large map won't show them either! This makes Carbonite not only less usefull, it makes it a liability! Nodes in the current zone used to be shown on both mini-map and large map but are now not on either. What gives?

11-06-10, 10:15 PM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There are two maps: the Carbonite map (which may be minimized) and the minimap, which is Blizzard's. The gold dots display only on the minimap. If you merge the minimap into the Carbonite map, then the dots will seem to appear on the carbonite map, but in fact they're still appearing on the minimap.

So when you say "MINIMAP", you're complaining that Carbonite doesn't do something that it cannot do - control how Blizzard's dots appear on Blizzard's minimap.

11-13-10, 11:00 PM   #6
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
There are two maps: the Carbonite map (which may be minimized) and the minimap, which is Blizzard's. The gold dots display only on the minimap. If you merge the minimap into the Carbonite map, then the dots will seem to appear on the carbonite map, but in fact they're still appearing on the minimap.

So when you say "MINIMAP", you're complaining that Carbonite doesn't do something that it cannot do - control how Blizzard's dots appear on Blizzard's minimap.
Apparently the mini-map function I thought was Carbonites was actually Gathermates. But the nodes would not appear on the main map either until I installed the updated Gathermate. I.e, Carbonite seemes to have no stand-alone resourse node display functionality of its own anywhere in the program.

Last edited by Nisou : 11-13-10 at 11:29 PM.

11-14-10, 08:29 AM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I have no problem with node display in Carbonite.

The CarboniteNodes addon (which comes with Carbonite) contains the database of known nodes. You need to import those data into Carb. It's in the options somewhere, I don't remember exactly where. Once you've imported it all, you can turn CarboniteNodes off.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Mining/Herb nodes not displayed on maps.