08-26-10, 10:53 PM   #1
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Help, "Water" based quests showing as "points" instead of "areas"

Ok, let me explain in case the topic isn't clear.

Whenever I have a quest that is located in water (not counting islands, but actually *in* the water) I don't get the "area" coverage, I simply get the "dot". This is not the case for land based quests, I still get the "area" coverage. Has it always been this way? Did I accidentally change a setting? I haven't tried reinstalling cause I don't want to mess anything up.

08-26-10, 11:05 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Ok, let me explain in case the topic isn't clear.

Whenever I have a quest that is located in water (not counting islands, but actually *in* the water) I don't get the "area" coverage, I simply get the "dot". This is not the case for land based quests, I still get the "area" coverage. Has it always been this way? Did I accidentally change a setting? I haven't tried reinstalling cause I don't want to mess anything up.
There isn't a setting for land vs water quests. It might just be an obscure quest that we didn't have much data for. I would ask what the quest was but the whole quest database is being rebuilt for Cataclysm

08-27-10, 08:06 AM   #3
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Well, it isn't just one quest. I've now noticed it with 6-7 quests across a few of my toons. At first I just thought it was the quest I was on, but then I started paying attention and noticed that all of the water quests have been this way. I have yet to get a water quest that has the "area" coverage.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Help, "Water" based quests showing as "points" instead of "areas"