02-27-12, 06:30 PM   #1
LogicRx
A Murloc Raider
Quick Question:

Alright so my question pertains to a couple things one involving kgpanels and the other towards the map shape without a huge bulky addon(currently my mem use isn't really an issue but I like to keep things small and its at 5 or 6 mb total for addon use)

^visually, how does it rate so far? I'm no where near being done....due to issues I keep getting held up on lol

so; kgpanels, how would I go about changing the color schemes for border color and gradient background color per class? I tried to find something about it but I couldn't find anything pertinent to these 2 color definitions...

I know it would start in the onLoad function:
Code:
local _, class = UnitClass("player");
	if class == "DEATHKNIGHT" then
          self.bg:SetVertexColor(0.6, 0, 0, self.bg:GetAlpha())
	elseif class == "MAGE" then
          self.bg:SetVertexColor(0.00, 1, 1, self.bg:GetAlpha())
        elseif class == "ROGUE" then
          self.bg:SetVertexColor(1, 0.94, 0.16, self.bg:GetAlpha())
        end
however this doesn't set the right color that I want to change, I'm not sure of the value VertexColor needs to be to change the other 2 values...I'm also pretty sure that self.bg also needs to be self.* for whatever value the * needs to be as well.

As to the map, I don't care about flash or any other fancy nonsense, I just want something to change the shape to a square.

Thanks for the help, these 2 issues have been driving me most of the last week
02-27-12, 09:40 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check Here (a sample script from the "kgPanels Sample Scripts" page on WoWAce) for class-colored frames.

For your minimap you might try Squeenix. Making the minimap square is about all it does.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
02-27-12, 09:52 PM   #3
LogicRx
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Check Here (a sample script from the "kgPanels Sample Scripts" page on WoWAce) for class-colored frames.

For your minimap you might try Squeenix. Making the minimap square is about all it does.
Look at the code in my code box and tell me its not the exact same code that you linked me too man...........
02-28-12, 12:26 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by LogicRx View Post
Look at the code in my code box and tell me its not the exact same code that you linked me too man...........
Yeah, it is. Didn't realize it. Sorry 'bout that. I did notice that it's only supposed to set the color for the frames, though, unless "frame" means everything including the backdrop........

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
02-28-12, 12:26 AM   #5
Othgar
"That" Guy

You can also use RAID_CLASS_COLORS to define the color by class. Check out this thread. It's not KG panles but I'm fairly certain that the method I use to define class colors can be used in KG.

02-28-12, 02:20 AM   #6
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
Logic,

I think you're using the wrong method to try and change the background colour.

Try:
Code:
local class = select(2, UnitClass("player"))   -- get the player class
local classColour = CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS[class] or  RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class] -- get the class colour
local gradientEndColour = { 
	r = 0, 
	g = 0, 
	b = 0, 
	a = 1,
} -- define the 2nd colour for the gradient

self.bg:SetGradientAlpha("VERTICAL", gradientEndColour.r, gradientEndColour.g, gradientEndColour.b, gradientEndColour.a, classColour.r, classColour.g, classColour.b, self.bg:GetAlpha()))  -- To reverse the gradient, swap the gradientEndColour and classColours.
self:SetBackdropBorderColor(classColour.r, classColour.g, classColour.b, self.bg:GetAlpha()))
The source for this was the wonderful Seerah, from the below discussions.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27572
http://saanlem.wowinterface.com/foru...ad.php?t=40240
02-28-12, 03:02 AM   #7
LogicRx
A Murloc Raider
thank you very much for the help. i have 1 more question; how would i go about setting the show and hide setting of skada, i use the dps main window and threat secondary window, to base off of what these panels do? because as it stands skada still shows after combat has ended but i want it to disappear, not clear just disappear with the frame...i've seen people do it with recount, would it be the same way?

also, doing this method could i have certain frames show for certain classes while they are hidden if another class is active, i think i can using this same method but in the event handler as well...

thanks for your help and i'll post a screen of in combat and out of combat once i'm done.
02-29-12, 04:19 AM   #8
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
Hiding Skada out of combat needs to be done via scripting, although there are configuration options to hide while in combat & when solo.

Make sure you have your kgpanels parented to the skada frame. Use /framestack to findout exactly what this is called.

In your kgpanels onload section:
Code:
-- register frame to listen to enter/leave combat
self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED")
self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")

Then in the OnEvent section:

Code:
if event == "PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED" then
-- player has entered combat
  Skada:SetActive(true)
else
  Skada:SetActive(false)
end
Hope that helps
02-29-12, 04:56 AM   #9
Kendian
A Molten Giant

And, seconding Ekatrina, in OnLoad, don't forget
self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
02-29-12, 06:19 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

If you add PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD, you should also change the OnEvent script to read:
Code:
if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then
	-- in combat
	Skada:SetActive(true)
else
	-- not in combat
	Skada:SetActive(false)
end

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Quick Question: