Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-07-05, 06:11 PM   #1
miranoff
A Murloc Raider
Creating a Raid GUI

greetings all,

I am a newb UI maker and will be starting to build my guilds raid UI. I would like to draw on some of your expertise in assisting me with some questions which may come up during its creation. Ive got a lot of good references to help me out with syntax and structure but those references sometimes leave a lot to be desired for the newer GUI builders like myself.

The UI i am making will allow the guild GM to download an array of names into the savedvariables.lua file and upon a ui reload the UI will have these names displayed and avaialable to it in order to invite those names into a raid party. that is the very basics of what i plan on doing. The external portion of this project is already taken care of for the most part, we will be able to get an array of names saved in the lua file without to many issues, so now i get the dubious honor of creating the in game gui for it!

I will use this thread over the course of development to converse with you all and hopefully get some answers, after of course ive looked at available resources already.

thanks in advance for all your help!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Creating a Raid GUI