12-25-09, 01:59 AM   #1
devlid
A Defias Bandit

Nui+ and messed up chat window

Two nights ago my chat windows started acting odd. I had all of my chat windows (tabs) locked but they would jump during certain times and I would have to unlock them move them back and lock them. At the time I was using the newest version of Prat with Nui+, so I thought there might be some issue between the two.

The problem is that the chat window in not sized correctly and the tabs for the different windows are non-existent. I have tried everything I could think of to try to find the tabs to unlock, or reset the chat windows but nothing has worked.

I see there are some font issues between Nui and Prat this seems to be different. For troubleshooting this evening, I have attempted to run with no addons besides Nui and Prat, just Nui, and updating Nui and Prat. Each time the same problem exists.

I tried to find similar issues on the forums, but I could not. Any help in the matter would be great. Trade chat is even more unbearable if you are forced to look at it. The screenshot is an example of what it looks like. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122509_014145.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	3759  

12-25-09, 03:28 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Delete the files called Prat-3.0.lua and Prat-3.0.lua.back from the following directories. This will reset prat back to it's default settings.

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables
World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\Server\CharacterName

See if that helps resolve the issue.

12-25-09, 03:30 AM   #3
Seer
A Molten Giant
You may need to un tick the "simple chat" and "lock chat settings" in the default user interface (social), log out and back in and it should be solved (I think).

12-25-09, 09:56 AM   #4
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

If the tabs are missing I would imagine the simple chat option is checked as seer said. Unticking the box in the default options should solve all your problems. Pratt and nUI do work together as I have been using both for a very long time.

12-25-09, 08:42 PM   #5
devlid
A Defias Bandit

The simple chat option was checked and unchecking it with a reload did the trick. Thank you for the responses. Now the question for me is how it got checked in the first place.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Nui+ and messed up chat window