View Poll Results: As a GM would you like this addon??
Yes 4 57.14%
No 0 0%
Depends 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

02-23-07, 12:22 AM   #1
AGSperry
A Murloc Raider
Combining Three Addons and call it guild central.. anyone available for this.

Hey everyone reading .... First i would like to say that this is a cool site...

I am writing because I am a guild master in wow and want to provide my guildies with the best possible experience and interactivity. I have ran into 3 addons that i use that I run my guild with. Below i will explain them and and what good and bad features they have. If anyone can create an all in one addon for guilds I think that would be awesome.

First Addon
-------------

Guildbanker - ( http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files...5/guildbanker/ )

This is an excellent banking addon for a guild...

This is how i use it.... Guildies send me the items / requests to spend credits and i update the bank info. Whenever a guildie wants to view the updated info they pst me and i broadcast it to them. Simple enough. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to auto sync data like Group Calendar... Something simple like the admin puts in a password to edit the info ... all others addon sync to the GM's addon.. If the GM wants to hand the bank over to another member he gives them the password for admin to them and they can take over the bank. Everything else on this addon is great.

Second Addon
-----------------

Guild Calendar - ( The author of this addon is quitting and wishes someone else take over ) ( http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files...groupcalendar/ )

This is an excellent addon as well.... Just wish it had admin features like spoken above. Excellent auto guild syn optiions etc... Cant really say anything bad about this one.

Third Addon
--------------

Notes - ( http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files...ls/3628/notes/ )

This addon has a great idea but lacks the auto guild sync features. admin control. etc. I like the fact that you can lock or unlock documents so that it can be a fixed document or a document that gives other guildies editing privliges. Make for a great in game mini forum in a way. without user names or all that other stuff. If one person has a question another person can answer it. I also like the fact that you can make a group or notes or pages into a book... say for hot topics or rules , etc. Many things about this addon need to be improved but its a great idea and start.

What would be nice to have
--------------------------------

It would be nice to have an addon called Guild Central. The window could be as long as the auction house window. Have the guild bank in the middle, the Notes(Guild Newspaper) on the left and the calendar on the right. Some resizing may be needed. I think that it would be nice for all to guild sync just like the guild calendar does. as one data file. It would be nice if it had admin features for anyone with the password. For purposes if a guildie posts inappropiate news or anything a admin could delete it. Nothing would be locked to the admin. All you would need to be admin is the password. The last nice feature that would be great is the export feature. I think the banker addon does this the best. You could have three seperate html files export.

In conclusion . All the important features have been created in one of these three addons . If they were to be combined into one addon called Guild Central i think that it would be a #1 download like the Titan Panel...

Anyone that can do this please do .... I would be willing to donate money... not much but some if this can be done..

Thanks everyone.

P.S.
Please contact me if you want to do this and have more questions for me.
02-24-07, 02:26 AM   #2
AGSperry
A Murloc Raider
Anyone Out there that would want to put this together.... It would be a Top notch addon.
02-24-07, 10:14 AM   #3
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guild Banker - This addon is not required by everyone in the guild, just the person who is in control of the bank, that is why there is no sync options with it. If someone else is taking over the bank for the guild, all the new person needs is access to the bank character, and the lua file from Guild Banker sent to them. Once they load the addon and the lua file, they have all the info you did. -- Personal thoughts: This should not be had by everyone in a central package, cause it is an addon that only few people need to have to manage a guilds bank.

Guild Calendar - Do you mean Group Calendar? You can set in Group Calendar what access guildies have via their ranks (if I recall correctly). It is more of a set it and forget it type of mod when it comes to setting up the data channels and admin access.

Notes - Cant say anything on this as I never use it.

As for placing all the mods into one, I dont think the bank would be a good one to include into a package unless it was just a guild leader package, since as I said above, isnt required by everyone in the guild in order to use it, just the person who is controlling the bank. I think calendar with a built in white board (so to speak) would be nice to have. The only problem you run into with notes that sync between members, is if you are the only person on when you make a note, and log before another person logs in, your notes will not populate to anyone else until you are back online with them. It is the same with Group Calendar.

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents, hope you dont mind the comments.
02-25-07, 11:41 PM   #4
AGSperry
A Murloc Raider
First I would like to thank you for puting in your 2 cents... I wish more people would..

Want i want people to have the guild banker addon for is so that they can see what is in the bank (ingame) without having to export to a website. They can view the items in the bank how much credit they have to spend etc. The addon works fine ... just when someone needs the updated bank info the i have made changes to .. they have to pst me and i broadcast it to them.. Looking to have other peoples guildbanker addon connect to mine and download the changes automatically... the admin feature could tell the addons which one is the bank holder.... Mainly i use the addon to manage the bank and other guildies use it to view the bank. they send there requests and donations to my banking character.

As for the group calendar i really have no problems with it... just wish that i could click one button and open one central thing up where i could put guild news, raid events ( group calendar ) and bank information.. I dont want to use a website! ...

If everyone could vote on this and leave there ideas that would be great...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Combining Three Addons and call it guild central.. anyone available for this.