12-07-12, 02:03 PM   #1
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Full Clean Install Question to correct current issues.

Hello Rythal

As I stated in another area, Inappropriately, I have a question:
Is there a way to completely do a clean install?
Is there information that gets dropped into the AppData file in Windows 7?
If So; Where, so I can can it.

My Issue is that none of the quests show or colored quest blobs. I do not even get the little colored squares I used to get. This is true regardless of where I use Carbonite.

My concern is that I need to do a fresh Beta install, and start from as much scratch as possible.

Is there also the possibility that I am experiencing a situation where something on Carbonite is incompatible with my other add-ons?

Let me know, and I can proceed with further testing

Thanks for all your hard work friend, a small donation will be on its way, again, soon

Regards
The Sarge

12-07-12, 10:06 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
quests are bugged bad in the beta and i need to look into why... working 80 hours a week right now before i'm laid off in 2 weeks so not sure how much time i'll be be able to put into the beta version before christmas....

that was why I stopped the updates and got the normal code stabalized and out the door.

Definately nothing in appdata tho for carbonite, everything is in Interface/Addons & WTF in world of warcraft.

12-07-12, 10:13 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
tho after saying that I see your doing fine now.... guess klaxxi works lol, I thought you were talking about the tracking dot not showing up at all nevermind grey or red ... which seems to be happening with a lot of quests in some zones.

12-08-12, 01:54 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Basically, to do a clean reinstall of Carbonite you would have to delete the four Carbonite folders (Carbonite, CarboniteItems, CarboniteNodes, CarboniteTransfer) from your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\" folder, then delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files from your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder.

If you are using Window's Vista, 7, or (possibly) 8 and have your WoW installed in the "Program Files" (or "Program Files (x86) for 64 bit systems) you would find at least the "AddOns" folder in your "VirtualStore", which is located (at least on Vista, which is what I'm using) at "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\VirtualStore".

My installation of WoW is not in the "Program Files (x86)" (I have a 64 bit system) folder, but was installed to a different location by the Blizzard installer when I originally installed it about four and a half years ago. I know from seeing posts about this that the addons folder is in the virtual store (if you installed WoW in the "Program Files" or *(x86) folder), but I simply don't know about the WTF folder. Sorry.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Full Clean Install Question to correct current issues.