06-05-18, 02:33 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
WoWInterface is offering Battle for Azeroth Beta Invites to all of our authors

Bet you thought we forgot about you, didn’t you? Not a chance! As you can always count on, we’re taking care of you guys. We’re now accepting author signups for the Battle for Azeroth™ Beta. This way you can have at least a few days to play before it’s time to get down to work on updating your AddOns.

This is not a contest! If you are an AddOn author that hosts with us and you have been keeping your AddOns current, you are eligible for a key!

Once you get the chance to get your AddOn ready for beta testing in the expansion, upload it to our Battle for Azeroth™ beta download category and then be sure to check back in our PTR forums for possible feedback.

We’re going back to the way we did it the very first time. Blizzard is giving us the keys directly and we will assign them to you. When you receive your key, go to this page if you are on the NA client or this page if you use the EU client to enter your key. If you’d rather not click a link, you can manually go to your Account Settings page on the Blizzard website and click on the “Add a game key” button to add it to your account.

Let the fun begin! Sign up now for your Battle for Azeroth™ Beta key.

Rules:
  • You must have an active World of Warcraft account.
  • You must be an addon author with one or more files on the site that are current to 7.3.x (Compilations & "Hello world" or its equivalent do not count).
  • Do not upload addons that are not your own. Anyone caught uploading someone else's work will be banned from the site. All AddOns submitted are manually checked.
  • Blizzard and WoWInterface reserve the right to deny anyone access.
  • Account must be registered before April 25th 2018.

Like & Follow us on... Facebook Twitter Google+
06-05-18, 02:39 PM   #2
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up

Finally
06-08-18, 11:34 AM   #3
Pup
A Murloc Raider
Fortunately I had got a key a few days ago, and uploaded the first BfA version of my addon today.

However I just used my addon management page to upload a new version that was marked only compatible with 8.0, but I do not see it in the BfA Beta category. Should I have uploaded it as a brand new mod into that category instead, and if so is there any way to rollback my normal version so people don't download it to try in Legion?

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Buffwatch.html
06-08-18, 02:24 PM   #4
Cidrei
A Fallenroot Satyr

I ended up getting into the alpha this year, but I just wanted to say thanks for offering this chance for the addon authors to get into the betas each expansion.
06-08-18, 07:04 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
@Pup: Please see this forum thread for info/instructions
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=56164

If your uploaded version only works with 8.0, then upload it directly to the BfA category as a separate download. If it is compatible with both live and the PTR, then you can tag the BfA category as an optional category for your addon listing.

If needing to revert versions... Re-upload the version for live to your download page. Then, under archive management (on that upload/update page for your addon), you can delete the 8.0 version if you wish.

I'm putting this here, instead of in a PM, in case anyone else has the same question.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-10-18, 02:58 AM   #6
Miiru
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thank you very much again for this opportunity
06-14-18, 08:17 PM   #7
aallkkaa
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Thank you!
06-22-18, 10:58 AM   #8
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
I like how my game time has been expired since May 16th, with no plans on renewing any time soon. And then I look at the launcher because there were login issues so it didn't log me in automatically, and it turns out they gave me beta anyway lol.

Never got Legion beta despite being very active, doing everything I could to try and get it, and being very interested in it. Now that I've not even been playing nor paying for the game and I didn't even care to play nor cared about Beta, they choose me anyway.

... Guess I'll check it out and mess around, eh.
07-17-18, 11:16 AM   #9
Miiru
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Is there an wowinterface authors guild or something like that? :>

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface is offering Battle for Azeroth Beta Invites to all of our authors