07-17-18, 10:36 PM   #1
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Pre 8.0 UI

This might seem like a knee-jerk but, for various reasons, I cannot get used to the new UI.
Has anything been thrown together, to restore the pre 8.0 ui / look?

I've used the default, with minor tweaks, for years.
There's now a button sized gap in the bars towards the bottom - that can't take a button.
There's a whole bunch of functional buttons now in the bottom right corner.

It's as though a developer was working on something and forgot to put several elements back.

I don't need skins, extra tweaks or anything fancy. I'd just like to know if there's anything out there - either now or being worked on - that can make the base UI look as it did a few days ago.

Thanks!
07-17-18, 10:47 PM   #2
emjay274
A Kobold Labourer
I 100% agree. I was trying to add a spell to that space and didn't know what in the world. I thought I had my bars locked, blocked, who knows.

I just want it back how it was. Why have a little cluster in the bottom corner? I actually liked my recount there.

I'm willing to donate to a paypal for the person that makes one. Just back to original, and I'll send hundreds your way. I'm in a big guild and no one is happy with this. I saw it in beta and I had hoped it wouldn't mak it to live. I barely touched the beta.
07-17-18, 11:43 PM   #3
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
I was told you could use Bartender to restore the original look, but I haven't tried that myself.
07-18-18, 03:06 AM   #4
Thubz
An Aku'mai Servant

in my addon package i use nMainbar, not sure if its updated for BFA but im sure that will do same thing sorta, it just shortens the bar because menu turn into a tiny button instead
07-18-18, 10:34 AM   #5
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Ammako View Post
I was told you could use Bartender to restore the original look, but I haven't tried that myself.
That'd drive me crazy, as I'd always be half-way to the change I wanted, but it's a good thought. If someone ends up making a UI with it, that looks like what we had, I might go for that.

Originally Posted by Thubz View Post
in my addon package i use nMainbar, not sure if its updated for BFA but im sure that will do same thing sorta, it just shortens the bar because menu turn into a tiny button instead
It doesn't seem to have been updated, but that looks nicer than what we have now. I'll keep it in my addons, disabled, so I'll be able to enable when / if it does update. That will have to do, until Blizzard either gives us the option of a switch back or some clever addon maker figures out an approximation.

Thanks, both.
07-18-18, 04:10 PM   #6
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

You could try Zap's Retro UI from the, er, 'other place'
07-18-18, 06:13 PM   #7
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Oddly enough, since my last post, I discovered that one.
As the uploader himself said, it's got a few tweaks to be done.
It's pretty good, though, and I left a message that I'd happily help where I could.
Zap's is, indeed, the best approximation so far.
Thanks. With any luck, we'll be given an option to revert.
Otherwise, fingers crossed that we find other such addons.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pre 8.0 UI