07-07-09, 06:57 AM   #1
Ugall
A Kobold Labourer
Nui Action Bars and movement of them

I currently use your Nui mod and love it though I do have a few suggestions and such.

1. Make so that when you decide to use /nui movers that the bars and the chat frame stay where you put them instead of reseting themselves every time you log out or switch characters. I like my extra actions bars on the left and the xp on the right I would like to have them be at the top instead of their current postion at the bottom I move the left one and move the chat frame down and when I log or switch toons i have to re move the chat frame everytime and I even hit lock in position. Also the ability to move the Info Panel down on the right side would be nice so I can put my XP and rep bars up above it. Currently the bar is moveable but not the info Panel.
2. Add a way or maybe another little bar to go back in the raid frames. Sometimes Ill be questing and look down at my Ui and say I need to be in party or solo and Im currently on raid 10 and now I have to click through alll of the raid 15,20,25,40 to get to my desired frame set-up and if I get overly clicky then i have to go through them twice where as a back button or way to go backwards on the button would be nice.

Overall I am very satisfied with the interface. Just a few minor things I guess that are maybe just quirks. Thanks for the great UI.

07-07-09, 07:10 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ugall View Post
I currently use your Nui mod and love it though I do have a few suggestions and such.

1. Make so that when you decide to use /nui movers that the bars and the chat frame stay where you put them instead of reseting themselves every time you log out or switch characters.
They do save the settings. If they are resetting every time you log out, then you are probably playing on a Windows Vista machine and WoW does not have permission to write into the saved variables directory.

I like my extra actions bars on the left and the xp on the right I would like to have them be at the top instead of their current postion at the bottom I move the left one and move the chat frame down and when I log or switch toons i have to re move the chat frame everytime and I even hit lock in position.
THe location of key elements such as the chat frame is defined in the [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts ] directory tree. It is neither designed nor intended for you to override that location by unlocking a moving the chat frame. If you want to rearrange nUI entirely, then you need to do so by editing the layout files in that tree.

Also the ability to move the Info Panel down on the right side would be nice so I can put my XP and rep bars up above it. Currently the bar is moveable but not the info Panel.
This can be done by editing [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua ] and locating the section for the info panel.

2. Add a way or maybe another little bar to go back in the raid frames. Sometimes Ill be questing and look down at my Ui and say I need to be in party or solo and Im currently on raid 10 and now I have to click through alll of the raid 15,20,25,40 to get to my desired frame set-up and if I get overly clicky then i have to go through them twice where as a back button or way to go backwards on the button would be nice.
Right click to move backwards through the list.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Nui Action Bars and movement of them