ironfang
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Advanced Warrior macro help needed

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, stance:1] Rend; Thunder Clap
/cast [mod:shift, stance:2] Piercing Howl; Thunder Clap
/cast [mod:shift, stance:3] Piercing Howl; Pummel

Only recognizes Stance 1 (The top line) .... What am I doing wrong ?

Also is there a mod I can use to increase the amount of macro's I can make because the default Macro Ui seems rather limited for space.
09-25-09, 02:57 PM   #2
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm not a fan of multiple actions, but the following might work according to a quick check of WoWWiki:

Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:shift, stance:1] Rend, Thunder Clap
/castsequence [mod:shift, stance:2] Piercing Howl, Thunder Clap
/castsequence [mod:shift, stance:3] Piercing Howl, Pummel
As for more macros, check out BindPad. And on another note, you could simplify this macro simply by binding it to shift+* and dropping all the mod:shift conditions.

Last edited by shkm : 09-25-09 at 03:00 PM.
09-25-09, 05:16 PM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by ironfang View Post
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, stance:1] Rend; Thunder Clap
/cast [mod:shift, stance:2] Piercing Howl; Thunder Clap
/cast [mod:shift, stance:3] Piercing Howl; Pummel

Only recognizes Stance 1 (The top line) .... What am I doing wrong ?

Also is there a mod I can use to increase the amount of macro's I can make because the default Macro Ui seems rather limited for space.
This would be because on the first line you have Rend, wich requires shift and battle stance as condition, however Thunder clap doesn't. I think you just want castsequence?
Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target [mod:shift, stance:1] Rend, Thunder Clap; [mod:shift, stance:2] Piercing Howl, Thunder Clap; [mod:shift, stance:3] Piercing Howl, Pummel
if not:
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, stance:1]Rend;[stance:1]Thunder Clap;[mod:shift, stance:2]Piercing Howl;[stance:2]Thunder Clap;[mod:shift, stance:3] Piercing Howl; [stance:3]Pummel

Last edited by ravagernl : 09-25-09 at 05:19 PM.
09-25-09, 05:19 PM   #4
Akryn
A Firelord
The reason that won't work is that Thunder Clap will cast whenever the condition on line 1 returns false. What you want is:
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod:shift,form:3]pummel;[nomod:shift]thunder clap;[form:1]rend;piercing howl
i.e...

"cast pummel in form (stance) 3 without shift, thunder clap in form 1 or 2 without shift, rend in form 1 with shift, piercing howl in form 2 or 3 with shift"

Last edited by Akryn : 09-25-09 at 05:26 PM.
10-24-09, 12:50 PM   #5
Sedirex
A Kobold Labourer
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, stance:1] Rend; [stance:1] Thunder Clap
/cast [mod:shift, stance:2] Piercing Howl; [stance: 2] Thunder Clap
/cast [mod:shift, stance:3] Piercing Howl; [stance: 3] Pummel
I believe that's what you're looking for. And, since I'm compulsive about character counts:
Code:
#show
/cast [mod:shift, form:1] Rend; [mod:shift, form:2/3] Piercing Howl; [form:1/2] Thunder Clap; [form: 3] Pummel
10-24-09, 01:31 PM   #6
Akryn
A Firelord
FYI, #show has less functionality than #showtooltip, so it's not always appropriate to use it just for the smaller character count.

In any case, mine had fewer already. If the character count really matters, it's not necessary to explicitly state which modifiers or forms (same meaning as stance but shorter) you want to check for if you've already exhausted the alternatives. Although I guess I could have done with with mod instead of nomod:

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,form:1]rend;[mod:shift]piercing howl;[form:3]pummel;thunder clap
10-24-09, 02:35 PM   #7
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

As an experienced macro user, I know this can be done even shorter:
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod,form:1][mod][form:3]Rend;Piercing Howl;Pummel;Thunder Clap
I am always terribly annoyed when I see /cast or /script, they are just long versions of /run and /use. It is a good practice to use Capitalized Characters in spell/item names. In this case, and in the most cases, mod:shift is not needed. Mod is enough. Now you might think, what if he has CTRL+<somebuttonhere> bound to something else? Quote WoWWiki: "If you bind A to a macro with, say, [modifier:shift] and you have something else bound to SHIFT-A, the SHIFT-A binding will take precedence and your macro will not run." That's about it.
10-24-09, 02:44 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod,form:1][mod][form:3]Rend;Piercing Howl;Pummel;Thunder Clap
Your macro will always cast Rend unless those three conditions aren't met. Here's a fixed version:
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod,form:1]Rend;[mod]Piercing Howl;[form:3]Pummel;Thunder Clap
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-24-09, 02:49 PM   #9
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Your macro will always cast Rend unless those three conditions aren't met. Here's a fixed version:
Code:
#showtooltip
No it doesn't, my macro was ok. Placing all parameters up front is just a matter of style and is exactly the same as [paramenter]spell;[parameter]spell;.
10-24-09, 03:08 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No it's not. Macros are evaluated left to right. Your macro says "if holding a modifier and in form 1 -or- holding a modifier -or- in form3, then cast Rend. Else cast Piercing Howl."

Mine says "if holding a modifier and in form 1 cast Rend, else if holding a modifier cast Piercing Howl, else if in form 3 cast Pummel, else cast Thunder Clap."

This is a good site for how macros work:
http://www.macroexplain.com/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-24-09, 03:16 PM   #11
Akryn
A Firelord
Code:
Ahh nice, I should have thought of that. I personally would leave the shift in just because I think it would lead to surprises; but most people would probably not care, and it definitely shortens it.

I also must have missed that you could use /use for spells; although it makes perfect sense.
10-24-09, 03:18 PM   #12
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Yes it does, log into the game and try the following macro:
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod][combat]Hearthstone;Attack;<Mountname>
Just some random example I thought of in 2 seconds though. And the last time I check(and used) the "all parameters in the beginning"-macro was 2.5 weeks ago.

And to prove that macro explain-o-matic is not always right:
/use Attack? In the tooltip when hovering over the ?: The /use command takes items. Attack was recognized as a spell. Did you mean to use a command like /cast instead?

Last edited by nightcracker : 10-24-09 at 03:25 PM.
10-24-09, 03:20 PM   #13
Akryn
A Firelord
No it doesn't, my macro was ok. Placing all parameters up front is just a matter of style and is exactly the same as [paramenter]spell;[parameter]spell;.
To expand on Seerah's point, the [][][] notation is meant primarily to allow multiple [target=] conditions to apply to the same spell (although it certainly can be used for other purposes). It is not functionally the same as [x]y;[x2]y2 though, nor would it be any shorter if it were.
10-24-09, 03:25 PM   #14
Akryn
A Firelord
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod][combat]Hearthstone;Attack;<Mountname>
If that works, it does because you can't summon a mount in combat, or while casting hearthstone.

Last edited by Akryn : 10-24-09 at 03:33 PM.
10-24-09, 03:51 PM   #15
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Akryn View Post
If that works, it does because you can't summon a mount in combat, or while casting hearthstone.
W/E, Try this macro then:
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod][btn:2]Attack;SomeRandomSpell;SomeOtherRandomSpell
10-24-09, 04:16 PM   #16
Akryn
A Firelord
W/E, Try this macro then:
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod][btn:2]Attack;SomeRandomSpell;SomeOtherRandomSpell
I have been using macros like this since the system was introduced in 2.0. For the sake of making sure there wasn't some mini-patch recently that I didn't know of that changed it, I logged in and tested several. They absolutely do not work the way you are saying they do. That macro will attack if there is a mod down or button 2 was used, otherwise it will cast SomeRandomSpell.

Edit: To further clarify, here is a macro of mine that uses both notations at once (yes I know it could be shortened; in real macros I don't care unless it's hitting the char. limit.):

Code:
#showtooltip 

/cast [mod:alt, target=player, mod:shift][mod:shift, help][mod:shift, target=targettarget, help] Swiftmend; [target=player, mod:alt][help][target=focus, exists, help][target=targettarget, exists, help][]Rejuvenation

Last edited by Akryn : 10-24-09 at 04:22 PM.
10-24-09, 04:49 PM   #17
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

I'm taking all my words back, because if I look clearer at the macro in which I use[][][]y;y1;y2 the macro is this:
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod][help][target=player]Penance;Penance;Penance
And if I replace that with
Code:
#showtooltip
/use [mod][help][target=player]Penance
It works the same. It doesn't happen often, but I was wrong
10-24-09, 05:12 PM   #18
Akryn
A Firelord
It doesn't happen often, but I was wrong
As someone who's been wrong once or twice myself, I applaud your admission.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Advanced Warrior macro help needed